[20] The Bitter Memoirs of the Past

Start from the beginning

Hiryuu.... Papa still loves me. Right?

She ran away as the paper lay on the floor. As the servant left the room his eyes fell on the paper. His eyes widened at the drawing when he picked it up and looked in the direction that the young princess ran into.

He sighed as he took in the picture. It was of the King, Queen, and the two Princess' under the drawing were written words that brought the male to tears.

私の幸せな家族!¹

He took the piece of paper and walked towards the servant quarters.

Princess Rue does not deserve the pain that she receives! It is not fair! She deserves better! Dear Hiryuu If you are listening to me then please I beg you! Let Princess Rue receive the love that she deserves. Please.....

||♪||

Rue sat in her room her tears dried up as she looked out of the window. A sad look in her eyes as she looked at the small gathering down below.

Her parents, her sister and all the tribes along with Yu-Hon and Soo-Won were having a picnic.

She watched as the General Mundok drank with General Geun-Tae. Soo-Won and Hak were playing with Yona. Her parents were laughing at talking with the other tribes Generals and their wives.

For the first time as she looked at the gathering below her she felt out of place. She felt like she didn't belong here in his castle.

Hak and Soo-Won whom she considered friends did not seem to be sad about her unattendence.

"Hak look how cute Yona is!"

"Yeah! Perhaps more cute than that pancake!"

"Il-Heika congrats on your daughter!"

"Thank You! Yona truly lightened up the castle with her birth!"

"Queen what do you think of the gathering?"

"I think it's perfect. Everyone we are close with is here."

'Everyone we are close with are here......'

'Yona lightened up the castle with her birth......'

'I never want to hear about that wrench when I am in a good mood again!'

'Papa! Mama!'

'There is my little princess!'

'Rue, we will stay the trio besties that we are forever!'

'We will never forget our friendship!'

'Rue, me and your mother love you.'

Her ears were ringing as different moments flashed through her mind.

Lies

'Rue we love you'

Shut up

'We will stay together always.'

Don't lie to me.

'Dont worry, Rue, the new baby won't take your place.'

LIARS!

'Rue, you are the best thing that happened to me and your mother.'

SHUT UP!

CRACK!

A shatter sounded in the background but no one heard not even Rue. Because it happened deep with her heart. Malice filled her. Hate came over her as she looked at the red haired child downstairs.

Yona.

I hate you.

And she did not know what it was but at that moment when she saw how everyone was laughing and not even considerate of her disappearance, she felt something..... shift in her. She felt numb for some reason.

Rue was sad but no tears seemed to come out. She wanted to scream but her voice just would come out. And in that moment she felt.... alone.

The laughter downstairs continued and her ears perked up when she heard her name being mentioned.

"Il-Heika where is the Eldest Princess if I may ask?" General Mundok asked. Her eyebrows lifted as she realized that perhaps she was not yet replaced.

"Princess Rue, eh? Oh she said that she was going out of the Kingdom with her servants for a tour. She should be back by tomorrow." He lies with such skill that even the said girl was convinced for a second.

"Oh. It's sad that she could not join us." General Mundok said.

"It is."

The male looked around when he felt a gaze from above. His eyes widened slightly when he saw the tear filled figure of the young princess.

His heart clenched as he saw her sitting there all alone while they were all laughing and enjoying themselves here.

She signaled him to be quiet and to ignore her as she smiled at him and mouthed words to him. Words that caused his eyes to shut close in pain.

"It seems that Grandpa Mundok is the only one who remembers that I exist."

||♪||

私の幸せな家族!¹ - My Happy Family