I arch a brow at him, suddenly remembering why we only got along when we were drunk.

We're both petty and bold as hell. His personality is literally suffocating me right now because it's so much like my own.

''I mean I would have to ask my boyfriend how he feels about it first. And if he's okay with it then sure, your best friend can stay here for a while if he wants to.'' I reply.

Harrison laughs.

''You're still bitter about it, huh?'' He asks, smiling.

''And you're still denying what happened in Vegas, huh?'' I mock, smiling back.

''Is your boyfriend here?'' Steven asks out of nowhere.

I look at him and he's eyeing me curiously. His soft brown eyes full of intent and interest.

Why does he care?

No, like I genuinely want to know why he wants to know.

''Why? Do you wanna apologize?'' I ask him instead of answering his question.

He gives me a hard stare. Just as he opens his mouth to reply Harrison butts into the conversation.

''Oh!'' Harrison speaks abruptly. He stands up and looks down at the watch on his wrist. ''Look at that, it's drink o'clock, can I grab you guys anything? Coffee? Water? A cup of chill the fuck out? You know what, don't worry Damien I'll find your liquor cabinet on my own. You two just stay here and stay cordial.'' Harrison says, waltzing his way out of the tense air of the living room.

I look back at Steven and his eyes meet mines.

''It's not even noon yet and he's pinning for a shot of alcohol, is your bestie okay?'' I ask, and despite the saltiness in my voice I actually am concerned.

Harrison and I may not be close but he's starting to remind me of the guy that I met a year ago in that Vegas bar. And who he was back then needed help.

A lot of help.

And I'm not judging. I needed help back then too.

I'm just saying that he seems like he's going through it again. And he reminds me a lot of my brother in the way that he deflects his pain with humor.

But that just means whatever the hell is eating away at him is really fucking up his mental.

And if I can see that, why can't his best friend?

''He's fine,'' Steven replies. He must see the disbelief in my eyes though because he continues speaking. ''I said he's fine. Have you never seen him on a day to day basis?'' He asks me.

''No,'' I say. ''I've only ever seen him spiraling out of control. The only duration of time we've spent together was dark and bleak and reeked of alcohol and despair,'' I tell him. ''So no, he doesn't seem fine to me.''

Steven shrugs.

''Well I know him, so trust me.'' He replies confidently, clearly ushering me to drop this topic of conversation.

''Why'd you want to know if my boyfriend was here?'' I ask him curiously.

''Because I wanted to talk to him.'' He answers vaguely.

I raise an inquisitive brow at him. But when he refuses to elaborate, I decide to speak.

''About?'' I question.

''About stuff, don't worry about it.'' He answers.

I roll my eyes. I wasn't expecting an answering to that question at all but the answer he gave me just makes me more curios to know what the hell he would want to speak to Otto about.