8. Quarantine Friends

Start from the beginning

It wasn't about the sex this time, though. It was about his level of immaturity and how he didn't take this situation seriously from the start. Making jokes and planning protests and buying stupid stuff like protein powder. He was the worst.

And that was what I had been mad about — or so I convinced myself.

I hung the bag of goodies on the doorknob and rang the bell before turning around and walking back to our apartment

Just as I was about to reach it, I heard a door open in the hallway and a soft voice proclaimed, "Oh my God!"

I turned around in surprise to see that an extremely cute black haired girl's head was popped out from the door of the 3E apartment.

"Oh, hi! I'm so glad I caught you." She continued, stepping out to stand in front of the door but not coming any closer. That fact alone, that she clearly had common sense and respected the social distancing aspect of quarantine, made me immediately like her.

"Uh, um, yeah, hi!" I replied like the awkward turtle that I was. "I'm Aimee. I'm from 3C."

She chuckled and nodded her head enthusiastically, "I figured! I'm Luna, it's really nice to meet you finally. You moved in a few months ago, right?"

I was about to reply when I heard a deeper voice say something from within her apartment. She turned toward the sound, and let out a sigh, "Yeah, they had the flaming hot ones." A few seconds later a male hand reached out and grabbed the bag from her.

She looked after the mysterious guy for a few moments, an expression of hurt on her face. The curious part of me wanted to ask her about it, but every other part of me knew that would have been incredibly rude and totally inappropriate. Plus, I wanted to get along with her. She seemed like the type of person I could see myself maybe even becoming friends with. 

Luna turned back to me, a bright smile back on her face, "Anyway, I hope this doesn't come off as weird but would you wanna exchange numbers? In case one of us needs something again." She glanced back at her apartment before continuing, "Or even just to talk, or vent to each other. This whole situation is just crazy!"

I was stunned by her bravery. I'd never be confident enough to just seek out a friendship like that. In hindsight, that was probably why I didn't have too many friends in the first place. Warmth spread through me at the prospect of making another one.

"Yeah, I'd love that!" I gave her my brightest smile, praying my level of enthusiasm wouldn't scare her away.

"I was hoping you'd say that!" She clapped her hands in excitement before taking out her phone, "Tell me your digits."

After she took down my phone number, she looked back into her apartment and sighed again, "I better get going or he'll eat everything. We'll talk soon!"

She waved to me, I waved back, and then she disappeared into her apartment.

I opened the door to our place with a smile still on my face and my mood significantly improved. 

"What is this?" Before I even managed to close the door, I heard Maddox's voice behind me.

I turned around and saw him holding the notebook I'd designated to writing the rules for our co-existence.

And then I remembered, once again, that I hadn't had the talk with him yet.

This was turning out to be a very long day. 

Hi lovelies!

Hi lovelies!

Luna is a total cutie, in a totally messed up quarantine situation. Her quarantine days are full of misery and heartache, but why? Read on to to find out her story. 

Maybe the two girls can help each other out with their (future) boy problems. ;) 

Remember to vote if you liked the new chapter but most importantly... stay safe! <3