Chapter 9

His Kind of Love

Chapter 9

Missing Him

Gerald's POV

The loneliest moment in someone's life is when they are watching their whole world fall apart, and all they can do is stare blankly'...

"What am I reading, anyway?" I grunted and turned to the next few pages. "It's not like my world is falling apart... just because of what happen. Besides that was my choice!"

I'm Gerald, 16 years old. A Grade 10 junior High School student, currently reading some random book full of quotes about life here in the library.

What can I do? I'm bored. But, I'm not lonely at all! I'm doing great! Really...

Magdadalawang linggo na simula ng sabihin ko kay Keanu na dumistansya na mu na kami sa isat isa.

But what's this? It's not just 'some' distance. It's like he's in a different place now!!

I tried to talk to him but it seems like He's been avoiding me since. He never even talked to me once.

I always see him with his new friend merrily talking while walking and it seems like he's really enjoying himself.

Parang hindi siya pero matalino naman siya. Kalilala din siya ng mga studyante kasi SSC President siya. Pero siguro sineryoso niya yung sinabi ko na maghanap siya Ng babae para naman maging straight siya. Madami ng mga babae Ang nagaaproach sa kanya Kung may tsansa ang mga iyon

Lagi lang akong natingin sa kanya mula sa malayo

I'm not really waiting for him to notice me or say hi or something. I'm just thinking whether he's still my bestfriend or not.

(A/N: ikaw Yung nagsasabing kailangan niyo monang dumistansya tapos ikaw patong may ganang mag tanong niyan!)

But, I don't... feel lonely... not at all.

(A/N: deny pa)

I also got closer to my friends and especially Madel, but I can't help thinking that it's different when it's him.

I also heard rumors about him and Nikolai. Si Nikolai ba Ang rason bakit siya homo?. I heard they're going out.

I'm happy for him, of course. I do, for the both of them.

So why does my chest hurts, like someone pierced it with needle everytime I think about it?

Now, I just want to approach him and apologize for saying those words

I just want him to hold me in his arms again, sleeping on my lap, giggling and making fun of me...

Wait, what am I thinking?

I shook my head up and continue reading...

'Growth in love comes from a place of absence, you'll find out you love him when he doesn't talk to you anymore..

"Growth... in... l-love..."

I stared at the book madly.

I scoffed and turned some pages again.

"What kind of book is this anyway!?" I whispered. "It's annoying!"

'There should be a LITTLE GAP between you and your friends, though you'll MISS their companionship and you'll also MISS what you used to be with them

"Little gap... miss... miss..."

Aurgh!!!!!

I indeed miss my best friend

The other student who is reading at the other table looked at me awkwardly.

"Ah... hehhe!" I scratched my hair in embarrassment. "Nakaka depress kasi yong binabasa kong story e. Sorry, to bother you!" The student stood up, isinauli na niya ang libro , and walked away.

I'm lucky, cause it's a little late (most students went home) and we  were the only students here. Now, I'm alone. Maybe he left for home.

"Maybe it's time to go home, huh?" Kinuha ko Ang libro ko tapos sinauli na

"Glad you're still here." Pagkalagay ko sa libro ay narinig ko Ang boses ni Madel. "Reading?"

"Yeah, I'm done, actually. Sinasauli ko lang." I said.

"You don't usually read here. But these past few days, you've been here. You're not even trying to hang out somewhere with your best friend anymore." She leaned in the book shelf.

"I don't feel like it."

"So, you miss him that badly?"

I froze.

What did she say?

"It's just been a few days and you can't even try to hang out with me. It has to be him, huh?"

"Wh-What are you saying?" I stuttered kahit na sinusubukan Kong maging kalma ang boses ko

Why am I feeling like this again?

"It's fine now. He's doing great. He's not even talking to you, isn't he? He doesn't care about you now. You gotta move on and adjust."

Is it because she is right?

I turned to face her. "I-it's none of your business. I know you're trying to help but--"

"Tch! too slow!" She stepped closer and closer to me while I continue stepping back. "You don't get it, do you?"

My back reached the book shelf. Madel place her hand just above my shoulders to lean on the shelf and stare at me.

She's facing me too close!

I have a bad feeling about this.

"Ma- Madel?" I tried to sink myself in the book shelf even though I know it's worthless.

"The worst thing you did is missing that guy and letting me notice it" She whispered in my ears which gave me shivers.

She pulled back a bit and stared at me seriously.

I'm too shock and confuse to say anything.

"Didn't you really notice it?" She chuckled softly and tilted my chin. "I want you to be mine, Gerald. But that guy's always in the way.

Wait, What?

"I like you, Gerald..."

I stood stiffed when she leaning closer to my lips...

No, I can't! I don't wanna do this with Madel! I only wanna do these things with...

"Stop right there!" I told her boldy