Chapter 10: Christmas Potions

Quick thing before I start, just want to with all of you a happy Star Wars day and May the Fourth be with you. Hope everyone has a good day full of Star Wars, actually I'm rewatching Star Wars as write this. Anyway hope you have a good day, and hopefully you enjoy this story. :)

"What's wrong with you, you weirdo?" The boy asked him before walking away. (Y/n) brushed that off and walked off towards the bathroom.

"I heard what happened." He said as he entered the bathroom. "Who was it? Seamus didn't know"

"It was Justin" Hermione replied not looking up from the cauldron. "When do you think the potion'll be ready Hermione?" Ron asked her

"Probably around Christmas" she replied "we can't wait that long! Malfoy'll have killed half the muggleborns by then!" Ron exclaimed "well there's always magic" (Y/n) said pulling out his wand. "You know maybe if we sneak up on him, curse him a bit"

The four of them decided to stay at Hogwarts for Christmas, and luckily so did Malfoy. When Christmas arrived Ron woke (Y/n) up early by throwing a present at his head.

"Ow what's that for Ronald?" (Y/n) groaned at him. "Presents" He said excitedly (Y/n) rolled his eyes. Ron had gotten him some sweets and Mrs. Weasley has knitted him a sweater, which he adored and immediately put on. Harry had gotten him some dungbombs, much to Hermione's disapproval. And Hermione had gotten him a book about dueling.

As for (Y/n) he had gotten Ron a wand care kit, he had gotten Harry new quidditch gloves, and a hat and matching gloves for Hermione.

Hermione then told us that the potion was ready and that they should use it tonight. "All we need now is hair" Said Hermione "I've already got mine."

"There is one small problem" (Y/n) said looking into the cauldron "I might have made a mistake or two, there is only enough for three of us."

"Well who wants sit this out" Ron asked. (Y/n) volunteered, "with my tongue I'd probably end up giving us away"

"Well how do we get the hairs" Ron asked. "How about a fight" (Y/n) said putting his fists up and getting into a boxing stance. "I've already taken them once I can take 'em again" he started to jump from one foot to the other miming punches.

Hermione let out a giggle and shook her head. "How about a sleeping drought, if we start now it should be done by dinner."

"Yeah but how will we get Crabbe and Goyle to take it" Harry asked. "Come on Harry those trolls they'll eat anything put in front of them, just put it into a cupcake of something" (Y/n) suggested.

(Y/n) and Hermione started work on the sleeping drought while Harry and Ron ran off to do whatever it was those two did.

When (Y/n) and Hermione had finished the potion they put it into two cupcakes and (Y/n) went to find the other two.

"How thick can you get" Ron said with a laugh as Crabbe and Goyle quickly ate the cupcakes and fell asleep. "Come on help me with Crabbe Ron" Harry said as he struggled to drag him into a nearby closet.

(Y/n) dragged Goyle by himself and then magically locked the closet, but not before Harry and Ron tore a fist full of hairs from the two's heads.

"Okay so just dropped the hairs in and drink" Hermione said, "eww" (Y/n) said as the other three dropped the hairs in and all the potions turned a disgusting color.

"Well bottoms up" (Y/n) said with a laugh, happy he didn't have to do this. He watched as the three drank their potions and then ran off into a cubicle and the Harry and Ron exited, looking exactly like Crabbe and Goyle.

"Come on Hermione we've only got an hour" Harry said knocking on the door of her stall.
"I'm not going!" She called from inside. "Oh come on Hermione we've got to go" Said Ron clearly annoyed.

(Y/n) motioned for them to leave. "You two go ahead I'll make sure Hermione's alright." (Y/n) knocked on the door of the stall. "You alright Hermione?" He called.

"I'm fine" she called back, but (Y/n) could hear that she wasn't. "Okay okay but if you won't let me in I'm not going to leave" he said sitting down on the floor.

"Have I ever told you about my mum?" He asked her. And he went on to tell her stories about his mum, like the Halloween when she put a disillusionment charm on him and he went as a therstral. Or how he used to fall asleep in her lap when he was younger.

After awhile Hermione finally unlocked to stall and let him in. "Promise you won't laugh okay?" "I never would 'Mione"

He saw that she was covered in fur and had a catlike tail. "The hair wasn't human, Millicent must have a cat" she explained "and the potions not meant for animals"

(Y/n) wiped her tears, "Don't worry about it Hermione, Madame Pomfrey while fix this in no time, alright" he said pulling her into a tight hug. The two of them sat there in the stall talking with each other and laughing, until Ron and Harry returned.

"Hermione, (Y/n)! We're back!" Harry called as he and Ron ran into the bathroom in over sized Slytherin robes. "Oh my god" Ron exclaimed as he clapped his hands to his mouth "you've got a tail!"

(Y/n) smacked the back of his head. He walked with Hermione up to the hospital wing and stay with her for a bit.

(Y/n) visited Hermione everyday as she healed in the Hospital Wing, where Ron and Harry filled them in on what they learned.