"Violet?" said my father, " Some thing wont ever change will it?" he said laughing.

"wait what?" I said completely confused.

"You still get side tracked so easily." father said laughing again.

What on earth are you smoking?

" I know, I must concentrate." I replied with a smile.

He walked toward the brown leather suite and said " Violet come and sit by me."

We both walked together  but I began to feel light headed, just before I could hit the ground my father was by my side supporting me.

He guided me to the sofa and we both sat down, "Are you okay? Do you feel sick?Maybe I should call the doctor?" he asked bombarding me with questions.

"Father, I am okay." I told him with a slight laugh.

The feeling of my father all loving and concerned was surreal, but I loved it. He's love was a thing I carved as a child and still do now," what did you want to talk about?"

"I have been meaning to talk to you for a while. I have kept in contact with my brother and we had a discussion not so long ago, I just would like to set things straight." father said with a sorrowful look in his eyes.

"But I thought  mothe---" I began but father cut me off.

"She would be completely against it if she only knew." he said.

"Why are telling me all this father?" I asked with a frown.

"Because my brother gave me a heavy talk, he told me that if I continued on this wreakless path I will lose you. After that I couldn't stop thinking of how much time I have already missed and I am not willing to lose a more precious time," he said as his voice began to crack and his eyes glistened with tears.

" I know I haven't given you the love you deserve...I know that I stood by your mother, letting her  punish you  for actions that  I knew you hadn't committed. I am ashamed of myself,dear." he said with the tears threatening to fall from his tired eyes.

"Father, true are some of your words but that isn't what crushed me as a child, what hurt me was the look of regret in you eyes as I got older. I felt unwanted." I told him honestly as a tears fell down my cheeks. My father pulled me closer to him and gave me a comforting hug as I felt his tears fall on me, it was as if our tears erased the past fill with pain and sorrow. Now it felt just like old time, a little girl in the safety of her father's arms.

"I am sorry my angel, I never meant to hurt you. The truth is I love you my dearest daughter even more than Olivia. I have never once regretted your existence. The regret I hold is for something else which I will tell you one day, when the time is right. I hope that you can forgive me one day, and all the pain can remain in the past so that we can make new happy memories. " he said and at that very moment I was more content than ever,for the thing I wanted most in life I got... My father's love.

" I love you too, father." I said  hugging him tighter," I have already forgiven you. " I told him which just made him cry again as he held me.

After our tear works we sat down and I filled my father in on my whole life.

"I am glad he treats you well, violet." said father.