Chapter 20

Once again I found myself stuck in a horrid meeting with an investor from London that carried on as if he had a stick shoved so far up his ass it was probably poking his brain.

"The agreement regarding the construction of the new hotel shall go as planned. Meeting adjourned." said Eric.

I picked up my notes and raced out the meeting as fast as I could in 6 inch heels. When I reached my office I caught a glimpse of a mischievous face through the gaps of the opened mahogany blinds.

" Why are you here?" I asked whilst entering.

"How can you ask me that?" said Hunter as he placed a hand on his heart.

"Really can you be anymore dramatic? Hunter I have a lot of work to do, so I would love it if you could please leave because big boss man won't let me leave work until I finish all this paperwork." I said, pointing at the pile of papers the size of Mount Everest.

" You husband does that to you?" he asked with sad eyes.

" Hunter at work he's not my husband, he's my ruthless overworking boss that wants these papers done by the end of the day, so  goodbye Hunter!"

Hunter crossed his legs on the couch in the corner of my office whilst pulled out his phone and began texting.

" Hunt, honey. When someone says Goodbye the other person is usually supposed to leave! " by now I was ready to stab this boy with my pencil.

"Do you know how hard it is to visit you during working hours? I took so much of my time to come and  see you and this is the thanks I get!"

"Hunter the company you work for moved to the building right across ours. All you have to do was cross the road and walk into an elevator."

"Don't forget pressing a button."

"Yes and the button." I said with a sigh.

I continued looking towards my computer hoping to finish my work in time but with Hunter's voice in the background I began to feel my sanity slowly slip away.

Oh my soul...

°×°×°×°×°×°×°×°×°×°

When I looked out my window for the first time in like 5 hours since I threw a stapler at Hunter causing him to leave, It was dark, very dark.

Oh shit!

I stood up from my chair and  began to pack my belongings into my handbag. I made my way towards the elevator hastily until, my body crashed into a chest causing me to fall on my butt.

Ouch!!!

"Oh my God! Are you okay?" A familiar man asked as he helped me up. I looked up at the average height man that I accidentally ran into, he had light blue eyes and dirty blonde hair.

I know you.

"i think so, uhmm... It's Zack right?" I asked knowing all to well that if I am wrong the earth can suck me into the ground whole.

"Yes, Violet. Uhmm..." he said rubbing the back of his neck with his hand,"I know you don't really know me but would you like to go out for coffee with me."

" uhm... I... You know..."

"Just as friends." he said quickly before I could finish.