II- Signing up for Hell

02- I remember why I gave up

||Percy's P.O.V.||

I WALKED NERVOUSLY to the front door of my mom's apartment. My hands are turning to stone, my feet turning to jelly, my footsteps on the floor matching the beat of my heart.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

I hit my knuckles on the door softly. The door opened.

"Percy!" My mom cried as she hugged me with all her strength.

"Mom! I missed you guys!" I hugged back.

"We missed you too!" She said as she led me to the couch to sit with Estelle.

"Pewcyyyyyy." Yelled an excited one year old Estelle.

"Hey Estelle!" Percy said, hugging his little sister.

"Well aren't you two bundles of joy. I baked blue cookies!" Sally said happily, chuckling at her children's antics.

"Yay!" The two children of Sally Blofis cried out in joy.

"So Percy, last night when you IM-ed me... do you want to talk about it?" Sally asked cautiously.

"Yeah, she... um, told me that she didn't want to do it anymore. She said that I wasn't good enough, that she was going to live in Olympus now that she's a full-time architect and-" Percy said, a tear trailing it's way down his cheek. The pain of his break up now catching up to him. "-she said that I wasn't worth it anymore."

By the time he finished, tears were already marking his tan face.

"My baby boy! It was her loss, you are worth it Percy, you're good enough, you're Percy Jackson for gods' sake! Don't you ever believe anything that she said." Sally said, hugging her heartbroken son.

"Don't cwy Pewcy, Estelle is here!" Estelle said obliviously, hugging her crying brother.

Unable to say anything else, the three stayed silent, munching on blue cookies and waiting for someone to break the silence.

"So what are you gonna do now?" Sally asked, finally unable to bear the silence.

"Go to college, take up marine biology, get a job, probably some anti-smelling potions from dad. A normal life... probably." Percy replied.

"That's great! You still have your room here. You can stay as long as you want."

"Thanks mom."

•••

||Percy's P.O.V.||

It's been a few days since I told my mom my plans, and it's also due time that I tell my dad about it. So here I am, sitting in the bathroom and waiting for dad to answer.

"Hey dad." I said as the misty image of my father appeared.

"Percy! What can I do for you?" He asked.

"I was wondering if I could ask a favor?" I said to him, I'm kinda guilty in making my dad do stuff for me but I have no other option to choose from.