I- I guess I wasn't her type

01- I guess I wasn't her type

A YOUNG MAN can be seen in the distance. Seemingly normal, yet normal was something he was not. Another man can be seen walking to where the boy sat, but something was not right. The boy was alone earlier and it was almost night and the tides are restless, no one went into the water in the last 30 minutes. Yet how can this man just appear out of nowhere?

The explanation boys and girls, lies in the two men. Something that has been kept from the world for hundreds of millennia. The man was in fact a god, the god of seas and marine life, the brother of the ruler of Olympus.

Yes, the older man was Poseidon, and the other boy was his child. His oh so poor child, this child had experienced the true horrors of the mythological world, yet none could do so much about it.

(A/N: Read the paragraphs above in Chiron voice for best experience)

"It was her loss, Percy." Poseidon said, trying to break the silence.

"I know, it just feels... feels empty. I don't know dad, I kinda feel guilty because I should feel depressed or something, but to me it's just like it's for the better. Sure, it hurts but it doesn't hurt like I know it should." Percy ranted to his father, tear streaks evident on his face, yet his eyes showed acceptance and understanding.

"I can smite her anytime, you know. If it makes you feel better, we can kill her now," Poseidon replied, trying to joke his way through.

"Nah, dad, it was her choice anyway, I don't really care anymore. I just want a sole purpose in life, away from all that romance crap." Percy said, smiling at his father's protectiveness.

"You know you can do anything you want. Just ask your papi." Poseidon replied with a laughing tone.

"Thanks papi." Percy laughed.

"Yeah... I better get going, but IM me if you need anything... and just stick to dad. Papi sounds a bit... sugar-daddy ish." Poseidon stood up, ruffling Percy's hair and disappeared and left a salty scent in the already salty air of Camp Half Blood's beach.

•••

||Percy's P.O.V.||

'Dads are weird. Like seriously? papi?' I thought, laughing to myself at my father's antics

After dad left, I stood up, stretched and walked away from the beach back to my cabin.

I walked slowly and relished in the peace and quiet of the place as I waved at anyone who walked by.

"Hey Perce!" Jason called out as he ran to me.

"Jay-jay! Didn't know you were coming today." I said as I bro-hugged him in greeting.

"Stop it with that Jay-jay shit. Oh, by the way, I have to tell you something." He replied.

"Tell me! Tell me! Tell me!" I encouraged eagerly.

"I'm proposing to Piper!" He squealed as he held out an apple.

"You're doing it greek-style? Sweet!" I squealed as I imagine their babies running around.

"But you're roman?" I continued.

"Doesn't matter." He answered.

"That's so cool! When're you gonna do it?" I prodded.

"Tomorrow -Oh, crap! I gotta prepare! Thanks for reminding me bro! See ya later!" He said before he ran off.

"See ya bro!" I called out to his retreating form.