Chapter Seven

Chapter Song: First Date by Blink-182

~Track 1 on ' The Pop Punk Heroes' (made by Alex)

Alex

He had nearly killed three people on his way to the record store, two of them being old ladies who shouted profanities at him as he sped past. He didn't really care though. The only thing that mattered was getting to the record store where a girl in a wheelchair was waiting for him.

He had her latest playlist (Songs 4 Alex When I'm Not Talking To Him) on full blast. It was an odd set of songs, most of them songs about people being mad at each other-which didn't really surprise him.

He sighed as he pulled up outside the store, 'The Best Thing (that never happened) by We Are The In Crowd just finishing it's last chorus. He wasn't sure what to think about it, he felt like the lyrics were directing themselves at him.

He jumped out of his car, pressing the lock button lazily before heading into the store.

The bell tingled as he walked in, and Brianna was the first to notice him. She nodded her head towards the back.

"She's back there. I think she's stacking some band called 'Pierce the Horizon' or something like that." she grumbled. He nodded and jogged to the back.

And then he saw her.

Her back was facing him and she was struggling to put a CD up on the top shelf. Chuckling to himself, he strolled over, plucked the CD out of her hand and stacked it for her.

She froze at his touch, but then typed slowly.

"THANKS."

He shrugged.

"You looked like you needed a hand."

She sighed.

"AND A PAIR OF LEGS THAT WORK, IF YOU HAVE ANY SPARE."

He laughed, and then she laughed too, the mood lightening instantly.

He coughed nervously.

"Listen....about the other night-"

"LET'S NOT TALK ABOUT IT."

Her statement threw him off. He had been practising his speech about how he was 'sorry' the whole journey to the store.

"Uhm...so you don't want an apology?" he asked, just making sure.

She brushed her hair behind her ear. It made him want to reach out and touch it. Her hair looked really fluffy, like feathers or something.

"I HAVE COME TO THE CONCLUSION THAT IF WE TALKED ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED AT THE PARTY, WE WOULD BOTH JUST GET EMBARRASSED." her computer voice said.

He really loved her computer voice.

"SO LET'S JUST PRETEND THAT IT NEVER HAPPENED."

He breathed a sigh of relief. So she was over it. It was kind of weird the way she got over it so quickly. Usually when he screwed up with Lorraine, she wouldn't talk to him for weeks until he did some romantic shit with her.

"I was uhmm...I was wondering if you're free tonight?" he stammered, breaking the small silence.

She shoved a couple of albums on to the bottom shelf and raised an eyebrow at him.

"I WOULD LOVE TO, BUT SPIKE INVITED ME TO SEE THE AMAZING SPIDERMAN TWO TONIGHT." she typed apologetically.

Alex internally cursed the black haired idiot for ruining his night plans for him and Webster. There was something about Spike that made him want to punch a wall, and the fact that he had a thing for Webster....it just (for some unkown reason) didn't sit well with Alex.