Ichigo x Kitsune!Reader

i'm sorry if i get anything wrong! i'm not very knowledgeable with these things 😅

ichigo and y/n have known each other for years. they developed a bond the day they were put into the same class, back in fifth grade, and they've stuck together ever since.

only recently did ichigo find out that  y/n was a kitsune. she was great at hiding this and he felt stupid for not realizing sooner.

but one day, he had no idea what to do. she snapped.

"ichigo! do something!" rukia yelled at him.

"what the hell am i supposed to do?!" he yelled back, watching the terror y/n brought. she was eating the souls, and he had seen her go after a living human, and he had no idea what to do. he felt so helpless. he couldn't save those souls and he couldn't save his friend.

ichigo thought for a moment. he realized it would be best to calm her down. so he, as calmly as he could, made his way to her.

"ichigo!" rukia screamed. ichigo just held his hand up.

"y/n!" he yelled. "stop this!"

she didn't respond. she just glanced over to him.

"please. you're hurting the innocent. what happened to you?!"

y/n looked around at the terrified faces. children were crying, adults were running away. she began to regain her consciousness.

ichigo placed his hands on her shoulders and turned her around to make her face him.

"you've hurt people. please... what's happening?"

everything went black and y/n fell limp.

"y/n!" he cried.

the transformation process begun and soon she was herself again. ichigo ran to her as she sat up, hugging her tightly.

"what... happened? why's the city destroyed?! why is... why is everyone running from us?!" she asked, confused. she was unable to remember anything that just happened. ichigo sighed.

"i don't know. you transformed into this... demon... and you began destroying things. you ate souls." he explained. her eyes widened and she stared at her hands, shocked.

"why... why didn't you stop me?!"

"i didn't know what to do! this hasn't happened before! but i eventually did, and now you're here."

y/n felt tears coming to her eyes as she hugged ichigo.

"thank you, ichi."