Chapter Three

I'm back :3
Sorry for not updating in the speed of lightning, coz.... I'm a lazy bum :"). And bcoz of quarantine, I gotta help with my lil siblings' school projects (which is annoying af) ok bye, enjoy dis chapter~
—————————————————
(Y/n)'s POV

"De...mons...? They exist? Aren't they just in a tale?" I asked, confused to what this girl is saying.

"Hm!~" She said in a sudden cheerful tone.

"And that's... what killed Obaa-chan..?" I asked her hesitantly. I looked down on my lap as I feel her stare on me.

"Unfortunately.. yes." She replied without any hesitance. My eyes widen.

"H-how would you know? Y-you're not at the crime scene?!" I asked her frantically. I need to know. I need to know what happened. Obaa-chan is the only family member I have left. It's only Obaa-chan that-

"Mou, don't cry. I'll explain everything to you soon enough. Ne?~" I feel her hands wipe my tears as her calloused hands cupped my cheek.

'A small girl... shouldn't have this kind of hands...' I looked up at her and see her big, yet soft smile.

"Ne... do you want revenge?" She asked me suddenly.

'Revenge..? To kill those demons? I...'

"If it's for Obaa-chan then... yes!" I give her a teary yet hard stare as I agreed.

"Jaa, that's good news!!~" She exclaims as she claps her hands together.

"E-eh? Why?" I looked at her with confused eyes.

"Mou, everybody already told me to get a tsuguko, but I don't think that I really need one... even some of the Hashiras don't even have one, so why should I?~" I heard her rants as she pouts and rest her head on the palm of her hands as she leans closer to me.

"A-ano... what's a tsuguko? And Hashira? Demon slayer corps? Wh-what?" I asked, confused.

Yukihime-san smiled a bright smile at me. "Well to start, Demon Slayer Corps is an organization that's not recognized by the government! We slay demons! Hashira is the 10 strongest swordsmen or women in the corps!! While a tsuguko is a Hashira's successor! They don't have to use the same breaths!" She explain clearly.

"A-arigatou... um.. not to sound so annoying for always asking but, what are breaths?" I asked her shyly.

"That's where you'll come in! Do you wanna learn how to fight demons with me?" She cheerfully asked as she leans even closer to me.

"E-eh?!" My eyes are literally going in circles.

"Wh-wh-wh-wh-wh-what? I-I can't fight! It- it's only gonna be a waste of time!" I exclaims as I frantically throw my arms around.

"Pfft- that's why I'm going to teach you. Do you agree?"

...

"Obaa-chan... if it's for her... then... yes!! Please train me well!" I said as I stood up, then bow 90 degrees.

"Hm!~"

————————⚜️———————

Tired. That's the only thing that could describe what my body feels right now.

I gasped loudly for air as we arrived. My lungs burn and ached for air as my whole body hurts. I don't even have the energy to look up as I lean on a tree branch.

"Good job!" A soft cheerful voice praised me.

I still gasped for air, as I can't speak.

We just run how many kilos? It felt like ages. I also noticed how the sky was once a bright blue when I just agreed to being a tsuguko. Then now it's pitch black with only some stars and the moon shining on us.

"Hm, you must be tired. We'll take a rest first!~" She said as she helped me walk towards a big house.

"A-ano... arigatou... and where are we now?" I finally asked her as I manage to breathe.

"We're at my estate! Well, not mine since I do share it with someone else~" she said as she got in.

"Onee-chan!! Tadaima!!" Three small voices greeted us as we got into the house.

"Ara, Kiyo-chan, Sumi-chan, Naho-chan. Okaeri~" She greets back as she makes sure I can stand by myself then took off her sandals.

I look up and see three small girls staring at us with a big smile. Each with different pair of butterfly clips.

"Onee-chan, who is this?" One of them with a braided hair tied to the back with a butterfly clip asked.

"This is (L/n) (Y/n)! My future tsuguko~ Could you please prepare a bath and a nice pair of clothes for her? I'll help with the cooking~" Yukihime-san said as she pats both three's heads.

"Hai!" They answer cheerfully. They looked at me and scurried closer. Yukihime-san went inside deeper into the house as she waved me a small goodbye. I waved her a small goodbye as well.

"(L/n)-san, welcome to the Butterfly Estate! Please do take off your sandals and we'll take you to your bath!" The three exclaims cheerfully.

"E-eh? There's no need! I'm just going to be trouble..." I said as I shook my hands.

"Don't worry, (L/n)-san! This Estate is also the place where we treat injured slayers! So we will treat you as well! It's also an order from Onee-chan so we'll do it!" They exclaims once again.

"O-oh... arigatou gozaimasuta..." I said as I bow 90 degrees, then put off my sandals.

"No need for thanks!"

"(L/n)-san looks so dirty! I'll prepare some clothes for you!"

"I'll prepare the bath!"

'Th-they're... so cute!!' I blushed as I smiled. "Hm!~"

————————⚜️———————
Yukihime's POV

'That girl... I don't choose the wrong person~'

I walked to where Shinobu-chan's office is. In the way, I see Kanao.

"Ara? Kanao-chan, do you know where Shinobu-chan is?" I asked her softly.

She smiled softly at me then replied. "Master went for a mission tonight. Do you need anything that I will mention to her, Master?"

"Ma, just call me Onee-chan or Sei-chan like the others~. It's okay Kanao-chan, arigatou~" I replied as I pat her head then walks to my room.

"Your welcome, Master" She bowed her head, then walked away.

————————⚜️———————
OK I HAVE SEEN THE CHAPTER 205 SPOILERS I- ALSHAJSHKSHSN

BTW I'M SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING FOR SO LONGGGG. I HAVE BEEN VERY BUSY 😭😭😭.

Unfortunately, not with my school works but with my lil siblings 😭.

Hope you have a good day or afternoon or evening or night~

Love,
Author-chan :3