Chapter Eleven

'You are invited to a party'. Me? It's the first week of school; who throws a party and invites me? I'm the most unnoticed figure in the entire school... but I'm not ready to face dad yet. I would take this weekend as a chance to clear my mind. I just hope Christian wouldn't be there, he's the last familiar face I would want to come across at the party.

•••●•••

"What a house," I marvelled as I pulled into the driveway noticing how it was atleast 3 times bigger than ours . "So this is what a party feels like," I said to myself as I wandered endlessly taking In everything that was happening. Whoever planned this certainly had money to waste and spend at the same time- ‘Oh wait, that’s the same thing.’ I thought to myself as I got myself some punch from one of the bowls

"Attention, attention,"a voice interrupted the music. That voice was pretty familiar, I didn't bother looking over as I was busy minding my business at the food bar. The person kept calling for attention almost as if he was aware that I wasn't listening to him.

After Ignoring the first calls I finally turned around only to see Christian. I immediately put the juice down and stomed out of the house thinking about how I should have seen this coming .Could this boy just stay out of my life?

He followed, running and caught up to me. He held my hand with a right grip and no matter how much I tried to pull free i failed.
“Christian, let go of me!” “No Liss, not until we settle this.” I glared at him angrily as I waited for him to explain himself. “Okay look Liss. I never meant to hurt you... I just didn't know what to do.”

“Didn't know? Seriously? How could a person not know how to uncheat? Christian you were my friend's boyfriend.” I told him, struggling to break free from his grip on my wrist.

“Liss please... give me a chance. I need to make it up to you.” He said to me softly, his soft grey eyes peering into my brown ones.
I sighed and stopped fighting him. He took this as my surrender and let me go. Big mistake. As soon as he did I bolted back to my car and hurried to start it and drive away. I should have never came to this stupid party.

He watched as I started the car and and began to pull out of the driveway. The fuel light on my dashboard started flashing and before I could take any further action my car cut off.

As If that wasn't enough, it started raining. There I was seating in a fueless car, in the rain with a boy I didn't want to talk to standing right outside my window.

Conversation between lisa and Christian

Christian: Let me take you home, liss.

Lisa: I can do that by myself.

Christian: Do you have any extra fuel, because I can see from all the way here that you don't even have enough to get out of this driveway.

Lisa: Are you a mechanic?

Christian: No, but you can't tell me you cut off your car just to talk to me, did you ?

Lisa: Arg, please...

Christian: I will take that as a yes ?

Lisa: No!! go entertain your guest.

Christian: I'm not going anywhere until you say yes.

Lisa: Suit yourself Aquman!

Conversation ends

This boy is not serous, is he really going to stand In the rain? I highly doubt. I bet he won’t even last 10 minutes in this rain, he's more of a ‘indoor rain’ type of person if you know what I mean.

•••●•••

It's been 20 minutes, and he is still standing there like he’s in the sun... I should probably check on him now. “How are we holding up in there?” “We are feeling quite refreshed, thanks for asking.” He replied cooly. “Well alright then.” I went back to watching my movie, since I had nothing Important to rush to. The rain would end soon and then I will take the bus home... but then I could see Christian starting to shiver outside, and I couldn’t help my growing concern.

•••●•••

Conversation between lisa and Christian

Lisa: (watching him shiver but pretending not to care) I didn't know you could dance like that !

Christian: Oh shut up!

Lisa: I kinda feel sorry for you...

Christian: Really?

Lisa: Oh yes, I wish they could have been hail stones then you have danced better

Christian: Lisa I'm catching a fever now, please stop!

Lisa: Uuugh, if you are going to take me home, promise to take me home straight

Christian: Well...

Lisa: Christian!

Christian: Okay okay, sheesh

Conversation ends

I told him to take me home nothing more nothing less and he agreed, but I should have known boys will always boys. He took me to the place we used to go when we were kids and boy was he good with words.

Everything he would say was hard to miss despite the noise of the rain hitting the car. Eventually the tension cleared and we started sharing secrets and from there onwards all I could remember was him leaning in for a kiss. It was my first kiss so I found myself thinking about it even long after.

Christian dropped me off and dad was waiting for me on the porch holding an umbrella.  I didn't greet him and simply walked past him. I heard him enter the house behind me and shut the door. He looked at me defeatly waiting for an explanation to why I had arrived home with Christian this late.

Dad really hated Christian, just the mention of his name ticked him off, what more his presence? When dad saw that I wasn't offering an explanation he started asking multiple questions.

I barely remember everything he asked me that night but I can still recall him asking about where his car was and where I had gone with it. When i didn't respond he told me something bad was going to happen if I continued to hang around Christian