Part 12

Natasha woke up with puffy eyes and looked at the time, 1pm. She fell asleep crying and reminiscing her and Steve's time together. Realizing it was pretty late she decided to wash her face before waking up the kids. When she stepped out the room she heard noises coming from downstairs. When she came down she saw Bucky and her kids at the counter table all eating cereal. When they noticed her the kids said "Good morning mommy" and went to hug her and Bucky said a "Hey Nat" with a smile. Walking over to Bucky she asked him "What are you doing here?" "That punk told me to come here and check on the kids and you said you guys had another argument" he explained. "He shouldn't have called you I don't want to bother you and your morning routine" Nat said but with a thankful look. "I don't mind and even though he can be a real jerk he still cares a lot about you and the kids that's why he called me, the best god parent and friend out there" he said with a chuckle. "Ok then what are we eating?" she asked looking into his bowl. "Well we have a fine assortment of fruit loops, coco puffs, and or you know the boring healthy plain cheerios" he said imitating a maitre d. The rest of the afternoon was spent laughing and debating about the best cereals. It was almost as if they were a real happy family. When Bucky was about to leave he said "Steve said he'll come here around 5 to pick up the kids." "Alright thanks for letting me know" she said hugging hm. It was exactly 5:00 pm when the doorbell rang. Nat went up to answer it leaving the kids on the living room floor playing UNO by themselves. "Hey Nat" Steve said when the door opened. "Hey Steve you are surprisingly right on time" Nat said surprised that he was actually on time. Steve was a punctual guy and was always on time but it seemed near the end of their marriage and after he was always late. "I told you I would win you back and to do that I have to start picking up my slack" he said with sincerity. "Steve I thought we talked about this there is no winning me back" Nat said softly. "And I told you nothing is unforgivable even my horrible actions you just have to chose to forgive me" Steve said catching Nat off guard with a kiss to the cheek before entering the house. Both kids went up to their dad hugging him while yelling "Hi daddy" when they saw him. "Hey kids you ready to go to my house?" Steve asked. "Can we please stay for a little bit more and play UNO with mommy?" Sarah said with puppy dog eyes an exact replica of Steve's. Both parents couldn't say no and before Steve could respond Nat said "Ok baby" surprising Steve.