29. 𝚊 𝚔𝚒𝚜𝚜 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚊 𝚍𝚊𝚛𝚎 (ʀ.ʜ)

Kiss for a dare

"Y/N, you playing?" Specs yelled.

"Playing what?" you shouted back from the other side of the lodging house.

"Truth or Dare"

"Umm, sure" you said reluctantly, climbing off your bed and going to sit beside Mush. Mush, Specs, Skittery, Race and you were sat in a dodgy circle in one corner of the room. Race flashed you a smile as he lit his cigar and took a drag. You smiled back softly.

Racetrack Higgins was something different, he was special to you. He was the first person to welcome you to the crew when you joined, he was the one who showed you the ropes, he was the one you'd developed feelings for. But you pushed them to the back of your mind, focusing on survival rather than your heart. You had lay awake on countless nights debating whether you should tell him that you really liked him. But what if he said no, you would be crushed.

"Okay Specs, truth or dare..." Race started with a smirk.

"Truth" he said nervously. And thus, the game began.

*mini time skip*

You had been playing for at least 25 minutes now and you'd seen a lot. A lot. You'd seen Skittery fail a back-flip, ending in a bloody nose, Mush had pantsed Jack also resulting in a bloody nose and an extremely furious Jack Kelly. Specs had made you spill most of your darkest secrets and steal Crutchie's hat. You hadn't laughed like that in such a long time.

"Okay, okay...Race, truth or dare?" Mush asked.

"Dare" he replied, his cigar still hanging from his lips.

"I dare you too...Kiss Y/N"

Your head shot up; mouth open slightly. You looked over at Race and swallowed.

"I-I" Race stuttered, blinking. That's when he realised everyone was staring at him, he stood up and walked over to you. He put his hand out for you to take it.

"Race, you don't have to" you said shying away.

"Yes, yes he does, it's the rules" Specs chimed in.

"Thanks Specs" you muttered sarcastically, placing your hand in Race's. You stood up and braced yourself for impact. He slid his hand onto your waist, and you felt your stomach flip. You placed your hand onto his shoulder, and he brought his lips to yours. You couldn't explain how you felt. It was like you had dreamed of this moment for so long, but this wasn't how you imagined it. You felt conflicted. Race's lips were rough compared to yours and they tasted like smoke. His hands were comfortably warm as they rested on your hips. You pulled away quickly, cursing yourself in the process. Race looked at you, his facial expression unclear.

"I think, I'm done playing" you said. You threw Crutchie's hat down and left the room. You weren't sure where you were going but you needed some air.

Race just stood there and watched you leave. He folded his arms across his chest and turned round to look at the boys.

"You're welcome" Mush shrugged.

"You scared her away idiots" Race shouted, barging out of the room too.

"Idiots"

(A/N: Hi everyone, (@evesbow got made at me for saying chicas ) have some Racetrack because i haven't written for him in a while. There will be a second part to this one, so look out for that. Thanks for reading, i hope you enjoyed, stay safe and ilyy)