*  *  *  *

The sound of chirping birds above made Pavish stir. She swatted off another fly that had given her the most unbearable night of her life. She lifted herself up to sitting position, grunting all the way. Her whole body felt sore and stiff.

There was a painfully heavy throbbing in her left ankle and her head. "Urrgh" she groaned pulling her knees up to her chest. She lifted the hem of her salwar and examined the injury. Her foot was a little swollen and purplish at the ankle. It looked strained and pulsed hard too.

"Oh, what I'd do for a massage." She thought and stretched a little to ease the stiffness she felt. She looked around her and dismay swooned down on her hopes. They looked really- deep the woods. Lost. The wood was brightened by the morning sun, but she still felt like she couldn't see much.

She stood up and lightly kicked the ashes their heap of sticks had become with her right foot in anger and let out a startled yelp of pain.

"Swinging an injured leg hurts." Kyle said. Looking up at her from the leave laden earth where he lay. She had thought he was sleeping, the jerk! He didn't fail to maximize every opportunity to annoy her.

"Good morning to you too. Feel free to tell me more!" She said rolling her eyes and reached down to touch her foot.

"There's nothing to tell, everybody knew that, just you."

"Why did you wake up though?"

"Because God spared my life." He said getting up off the floor and examining the red dots on his skin from mosquito bites.

"You know that's not what I meant." She said jabbing a finger at him accusingly.

"Yeah right, Miss. Thoughtless." He said dryly.

"You. You!" She said raging and shaking her hands frantically at him."I can't put up with you. You promised to leave me, now go!" She spat.

"With pleasure, but it seems it's about to rain." He said looking up to the sky. Even through the tall trees and their leaves, you could see the clouds that gathered together giving a soft rumble once or twice.

"Heck! Another excuse to be close to me, but sorry Mr., it won't rain now leave me!" She said defiantly.

"I'm not going to foolhardy leave this place when I know what's coming for us, this is the closest thing to comfort we have in this place." Kyle spat.

"Hell yes! This damn woods with all the mosquitoes and flies and bugs and-" Pavish was shouting as Kyle cut into her statement sharply.

"May I remind you that you ran in here?" He asked and a rumble sounded in sky again. He looked up at it then down at her angrily.

"You always do. Next, you'd call me thoughtless, but this time I'm leaving this damn place!" She said with jabbing her hand at the floor.

"Of course, you are. Why did you come in here then?" He asked rolling his eyes at her.

Pavish opened her mouth to tell him exactly why. She was beginning to like him so much. She was beginning to feel that if he had asked, she could run to the ends of the earth with him and they were never meant to be. She was already betrothed to someone and she couldn't go against the marriage or the worst would happen. Now, here she was, missing in this ugly wild forest.

She felt tears well up in her eyes and her lips trembled slightly. She had to get out of here. She had to get out of here before they noticed it. If she didn't her family would be endangered, her parents. She blinked back her tears and shut her mouth. She didn't owe him any explanations.

PAVISH AND KYLEOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara