Chapter 15

"Kelly?" I heard someone said.

I replied with a low grunt.

"Kelly wake up, we're here!" That same person said, violently shaking me.

My eyes fluttered open and I gave a death stare at Kevin. He replied with a cheeky laugh. I look at my surroundings and realised I was in Kevin's car. I recalled about the dinner just now and how Hunter and I rarely even talk. I blush at the thought of me having a crush on my own best friend. Crazy right? Me and Hunter could never be a thing and the possibility of being together is 1%. I sighed. Life is unfair sometimes.

"Earth to Kelly," I heard Kevin said.

"Can you shut up?" I snapped, obviously irritated by him.

The tone of my voice caught him off guard as he raised an eyebrow at me.

"Are you not going to get of my car?" He asked, gesturing that we were already Infront of my house.

"Right..." I mumbled as I get off my car and bid goodbye to him.

I went in my house and checked the time. It was 11pm and my parents are probably already asleep. I saw Kelty the cat sleeping on sofa but when she heard me close the door, she purred. I smiled as I scoop her up, and brought her inside of my room. I put her on top of my bed while I changed out of my pajamas and washed off my makeup that was itching my face the whole time. I flop on my bed and smiled to myself. Today was a long night. That was what I thought of before drifting to sleep.

I walked down the aisle of flowers that was placed neatly on the concrete floor. I took five steps and realised that it leads me to Hunters backyard. I saw him in a suit with a flower in his hand. Was this all for me? I thought. I smiled at him and he smiled back. I opened my mouth to call him but was interrupted by someone.

"Baby!" I turned around and saw Ashely.

She walked through me and straight into Hunters inviting arms. Hunter didn't even spare a glance at me and look at her instead. It was as if I was a ghost and they couldn't see me. They were both smiling at each other lovingly. I clench my fist and walked towards them. I wanted to grab  Hunter's arm but when I did just that, my hand went through it instead. I look closely at both of them and their face was just inches from each other.

"You did all this for me?" Ashely asks, giggling.

"Yes. Because I love you," Hunter replied holding her tight.

My heart skipped a beat. I was gasping for air. They were about to kiss!

"Puppy! No!"

"No!" I shouted through my sleep.

I opened my eyes and realised it was all just dream. I sit up, breathing rapidly. My whole body was shaking and sweat rolled down at the back of my body. My heart was pounding like there's no tomorrow. My mind wandered off to that dream but I shook my head, not wanting to remember it. My eyes was watery from unshed tears. My head was spinning and the my bedroom seem blurry.

I closed my eyes and focus on my breathing. Breath in, breath out, breath in, breath out. Soon after, my breathing became slightly to a normal pace. I opened my eyes back and check my phone for the time. 6.30am. I have to get ready to school. I thought. I stretch my arms and stood up, yawning as I made my way towards the bathroom.

Why am I dreaming of Hunter? I asked myself as I brush my teeth and wash my face. I think of him 24/7. When I go to bed, before I go to school and in classes. All I see is his face. All I think about is him. Is this how crushes felt like? It's not that I hadn't had any, it's just I've never had a crush on someone to the point where I always thought of them. Why must Hunter be the one? Why is it that my very own best friend is my crush?