Chapter 2

If (Y/n) remembered he needed a cover story:

I gaped as a large box was in front of my door. I picked it up and rushed inside, closing and locking my door behind me. I opened the box like a kid on Christmas. Inside were a pair of gloves, an LED remote control indicator, an Android outfit that was similar to Connor's, dress shoes, and a small card. I got dressed in the outfit and throw a hoodie on over the top, pressing the indicator against my forehead where it was supposed to go to make an outline. I then peeled off the cover on the back and carefully pressed the indicator where it was supposed to go. I put batteries in the remote and hid it in my hoodie pocket. I put the shoes on and put the card in my pocket. The card was like a tiny tablet that gave me directions and messages from the captain.

I headed out my front door and turned on the indicator, pressing the button on the remote labeled as blue. Processing was yellow blinking, conflicted emotion was solid yellow, stress was solid red, in danger or pain was blinking red. There was one other button labeled as 'off or shut down'. I headed out and kept a straight emotionless face, playing my role as a deviant android looking for safety. I locked my door and headed to the beaten down part of the city, expecting many Androids to try hiding there since police don't exactly go there.

I froze once I got there, soft swears flying from my lips as I realized I hadn't made up a cover as to why I'm doing this. Hell, I didn't even read the case file.

"Fucking hell, why am I such a dumbass sometimes?" I face palmed, getting a few stares from people passing by.