Goodbye To My Old Home

Start from the beginning

Dove sighed. Draco Malfoy was a box with forty locks shutting it. You can never get him to open up, but wanting to so bad.

Dove rubbed his back and leaned her head on his.

"I'm so sorry Draco. I'm sorry that I was so blind to not see how badly you were hurting."

From the corner of her eye she could see a tear slip from the young boys face.

"Don't blame yourself."

"For the summer, why don't you stay at Avengers Tower with me?"

Draco let out a dry laugh, but his eyes lit up at the idea.

"My Father would never allow it. They are muggles after all."

"You don't really mind that though, do you?"

"Of course I don't. I don't care about anything. I just want to be happy."

Dove hugged him from the side, determined that she would make Draco Malfoy happy.

"Your Father has hurt you Dray. I'm not going to let him hurt you any longer."

"Nothing can be done about it. You try and bring him to court and he'll just wiggle out of it."

Dove sighed because she knew he was right. But that wasn't going to stop her.

Draco hugged Dove and whispered,

"Your the closest thing to real family I've ever had. You seemed to actually care about me."

"Seemed?"

"You cursed me today. Instinct against me shows I'm really not important to you in the long run."

Dove didn't regret cursing Draco. She saved Ron in the process and she wouldn't undo that. But she felt guilty about it as she saw how much it affected him.

"I just heard you mumbling the first curse. I didn't want anyone to get hurt so I cursed you."

"You hurt me."

That made Dove's heart hurt. Had she really hurt the boy?

"It wasn't intended-"

Draco straightened as he took his head off of Doves shoulder.

"Just go show your friends around the castle."

"I'm not leaving you alone."

"I want to be alone."

Dove hugged Draco tighter than he'd ever been hugged before (considering his family, he really never got hugged much at all).

"I care about you Draco. I want you to be happy. Seeing you this upset hurts me too, I want to leave this room knowing there is something I can do to see you smile a real smile."

Draco just drowned deeper, "I don't think any of my smiles have ever been 'real'"

Dove's face dropped at that.

"Please, just leave me alone for a little while," Draco said in a small voice.

Dove was about to argue, but realized he truly didn't want her there. She nodded and shut the door.

She saw Loki conversing with the Slytherins as she left.

"-And then I yelled at them all to kneel to me!"

"Woah!" Another first year yelled.

"Loki," Dove spoke. His head snapped towards her and he bid his goodbyes. He caught up with her and asked how it went. She explained everything.

"His home is abusing him to the point where he can't feel anything. You couldn't have seen him so broken."

Loki frowned before stating, "Believe me Dove, I understand."

Dove looked at her uncle with deep eyes. How were so many people so badly hurt?

"We need to get him out of that place."

Loki crouched down in front of Dove, testing a hand on her small shoulder.

"I know. But you need to understand that people in these circumstances don't understand that you care about them. I happen to know from experience. I thought everyone was just a fake."

"How do I show him that I really do care about him?"

"He has to realize without you."

Dove frowned, "That doesn't make much sense."

Loki just smiled and walked out of the common room.

Dove looked back to Draco's room, the door shut.

She really wanted to help him.

How could she do that without hurting him?

———-

Woah this is terrible

Anyways here's a short chapter, hope y'all enjoy.
(Even though I really don't understand how you enjoyed this book in the first place)