Chapter Three

(Your POV)
I slowly squint my eyes open, trying to adjust to the morning sun. I blink my eyes a couple times and look to see that Rin and Kimura are already awake, they are on the other side of camp chasing a frog around. I slowly stand up and stretch my legs and back. I walk over to where the girls were sleeping and pick up my kimono and dust it off alittle before gently putting it back on and tying it shut. After I finished the knot I feel something hit the side of my legs. I look down and see Kimura's smiling face looking up at me,
"Good morning!!" She said beaming up at me while still hugging my legs. I pat her head gently and return the smile,
"Good morning to you too Kimura." I said brushing my hand through her hair being careful not to cut her with my claws.
"Miss (y/n) can we travel with Rin?" Kimura asks happily letting go of my legs but still gazing up at me. I was taken back by the nature of the question.
"I don't know Kimura...." I said apprehensively to the small girl but my answer didnt seem to phase her.
"It will be okay Miss (y/n)! Rin told me they were hunting down Naraku as well, we could help them!" She said with lots of hope in her voice.
I stood there for a few seconds thinking,
'Maybe traveling with them would be nice. Kimura would have a friend and I would have help tracking down Naraku' I shudder a bit thinking about such a vile demon.
I sigh alittle and look at Kimura with a small smile,
"Let me talk to Sesshomaru and I'll see what I can work out." I say to the bubbly girl. Her eyes light up as she runs back over to Rin to tell her the news.
I look around the camp but Sesshomaru is no where to be found but by his scent I knew he was close by. I turn to find Sesshomaru knowing that I won't be too far away from the girls incase something were to happen. I silently walk through the forest, dodging twigs and rocks as I follow Sesshomaru's scent. It smelled faintly of sandalwood and pine and it only got stronger as I got closer. I come up to a open field where I see Sesshomaru standing in the middle of it looking up at the clouds. Cautiously I walk closer to him, approaching him from behind.
"Good morning Sesshomaru." I say walking around the left side of him so I can be facing him. He doesnt acknowledge me in anyway but continues to still look up at the sky. I sigh internally feeling this conversation could be alittle difficult but you decided to go for it anyway.
"I was wondering if you wouldn't mind my Kimura and I traveling with you. I heard you were in search of Naraku and I feel like I could be of assistance. Also Rin and Kimura seem to enjoy each others company." I confidently ask the tall inu demon in front of me. It is completely silent for what seems like hours but in reality it was just a minute before he spoke,
"I dont need the help of some demon to catch Naraku but that girl seems to make Rin happy and not bother me so much so I accept" he says stoically while looking down at me.
I clench my fists alittle and my ears twitch.
"Are you just to arrogant to use my name or are you so hard headed that you forgot?" I bark out at him while glaring into his golden eyes. He says nothing but just continues to look coldly at my face.
"Watch who you are talking to" he says glaring back at me while moving alittle closer to me as if he was challenging me.
"Have you never heard of something call respect doggy boy" I ask closing the gap between us. My face is merely a few inches away from his. His eyes narrow and he doesnt respond. I wait in the silence for any response but all I hear are some birds chirping softly in the trees and a gentle breeze rushing by my ears. I huffed alittle and move around him to leave before suddenly I feel him grab my wrist. I spin around to look at Sesshomaru, his snow white hair softly blowing in the breeze and his amber eyes glistening in the sun.
"Good morning (y/n)." He says then letting go of your wrist. You smile alittle at him before turning again to return to camp. You swiftly walk with your tail gently swaying behind you and looking up at the trees. As you get closer you can hear the girls laughing and Jaken yelling about something. As you walk into the camp you can see the two girls standing next to each other as Jaken stands in front of them.
"This is not funny you wretched humans, give me back my hat this instant!!" He squawked out, fuming from the ears. The girls didnt respond but instead giggled mischieviously to each other. I silently walk up behind the two girls and cross my arms as I clear my throat. They both jump alittle and turn around then start laughing nervously.
"Girls, did you steal Jaken's hat?" I asked them gently but sternly. Kimura was the first to speak up,
"......yes miss (y/n)" she said kicking around the dirt alittle bit.
I crouch down looking at the two girls,
"Would you girls please give Master Jaken his hat back?" I asked the two of them. They nod as Rin walks behind a tree to retrieve the pointy black cap that was stashed there. She walked it over to Jaken who snatched it out of her hand and placed it back on his head. He turned away grumbling while beginning again to pack up camp.
I stand up again and look down at the two girls,
"Thank you both for returning the hat." I said ruffling both of their hair. Kimura looks up to me with her big brown eyes and asks,
"Miss (y/n) did you talk to Sesshomaru? Can we travel with them?" She asks with hope laced throughout her voice.
I smile down at her
"Yes I did talk to him and we can travel with them for the ti....." before I could even finished my sentence Rin and Kimura squealed alittle and run up to hug me.
I laugh alittle and hug them both back. They then run off again to talk and as soon as I turn around Sesshomaru is standing directly behind me. I jump slightly as I look up at him,
"Is there something you need Sesshomaru?" He says nothing but moves closer to your face. A rose hue spread over your cheeks,
"Ummm Sesshomaru?" He stops mere centimeters away from your face and looks directly at you. He doesnt move for a second or two which causes your blush to intensify. You see as he reaches his hand above your head out of your eyesight and you feel something shift on your head. Then when his hand returns to your field of vision you see him holding out his pointer finger with a semi wilted flow crown draped over his clawed nail.
"It seems you forgot to take this off." He said with a small smirk playing across his face. I step back alittle and snatch the now tan flowers out of his hand then walk away hoping my cheeks return to a natural color.
------------------------------------------
*Time Skipppppp*
------------------------------------------
We have been traveling for about a few hours now. Sesshomaru is about 20 feet in front of everyone else with Jaken and who I know now is AhUn traveling close behind him, while Rin, Kimura, and I are at the back of the group. I am trailing alittle behind the two girls just so I can watch them carefully. While traveling Rin has told me all about how her and Lord Sesshomaru met and what she knew about him. It was obvious that Sesshomaru meant a lot to her and she enjoyed being around him, even if he was a stoic demon most of the time. After a few minutes we reach the mountain pass we need to travel through and Sesshomaru stops.
"The road narrows up here...Rin get on AhUn." He says with out turning around but throwing a small glance over his shoulder. I take this as a hint and I tell Kimura to get on my back. I kneel down and she hops on wrapping her legs around my waist and her arms gently around my neck. To just be safe I also wrapped my fluffy tail around her waist to ensure she doesnt get tired and just fall off. She was a small girl so she didnt weigh much and being a demon it was like she was a feather.
We started our trek into the mountains, the cliffs on the sides were barely wide enough for one person. Lucky for Sesshomaru and I we didnt have a hard time maneuvering. Kimura had fallen asleep on my back about 10 minutes into the hike, AhUh was flying next to us and it also appeared that Rin and Jaken were also asleep. I took this as my opportunity to try and talk to Sesshomaru. I speed up alittle bit to catch up with him, slowing down once I was a couple feet behind him.
"So Sesshomaru you are Inu No Taisho's son?" I ask him loudly enough for him to hear me but softly enough not to wake anyone. No reply comes from the demon lord while he swiftly and gracefully dodges rocks and tree roots.
"My father knew him...he would talk about him sometimes when he came home. I can't quite remember what he would talk about though." I said adding on to my original question. Still no reply.
"Why are you so quiet all the time?" I asked in a bit more agressive tone.
"There is no need to speak" he responded back plainly.
"I asked you a question didnt I?" I shot back at him.
"A question you already knew the answer too. Rin told you already." He says while jumping over a big boulder that was blocking the way. I follow in suit over the boulder.
"I know she told me already but I just want to try and get to know you and not have to get all my information from Rin." I said huffing alittle bit.
"I dont need to talk to some fox demon" he remarks coldly. At that point something inside me snaps. I jump over him so I am standing in front of him, still being careful not to jostle around Kimura.
"I told you my name is (y/n) not "some fox demon" and if I am going to travel with you the least you can do is show me a small ounce of respect." I lash out at him feeling my word contort with anger.
"Watch your mouth demon" he says glaring at me with his cold amber eyes. Before I could say something back, I huge strike of lightning hits the side of the mountain causing a large explosion knocking me off the cliff in an avalanche of rock. I quickly pull Kimura from behind and put her against my chest and curl around her as I tumble down the mountain side. I would try to find some way out but I can't risk Kimura getting hit by some so I just try to protect her the best I could.
I feel rocks just tearing through my kimono and my flesh. Pain radiates through my body as I could feel every rock and every impact on the hard mountain. I heard Kimura wake up and she starts screaming and clutching on to my kimono. It was only once I hit solid ground I black out.
-------------------------------
Sesshomaru POV
-------------------------------
I look directly into (y/n)'s rageful eyes as she opens her mouth to speak but suddenly a large explosion erupts from the side of the mountain catching (y/n) and I in an avalanche. I was able to move out from under the falling rocks and grab onto another part of the cliff and pull myself up. I look up to find the source of the lightning and see a large bird demon soaring overhead. It's dark navy blue feathers crackled with electricity and its boney onyx colored head and body looked like it had been charred. It makes a ear piercing shriek and swoops downwards to the bottom of the mountain. Confused I look at the area its heading towards and I see it.....(y/n) and Kimura.
I quickly start running and sliding down the side of the mountain towards the bottom. I see (y/n) laying on the ground on her side totally still, while a crying Kimura is kneeling next to her trying to shake her awake.
Before I can make it to them the inky blue bird picks up Kimura by the back of her kimono and starts flying away.
"Jaken grab (y/n) and get out of here" I command to Jaken who had woken up during the blast as AhUn was able to dodge out of the way. Rin was also awake and still trying to process what was going on.
Quickly I redirect my attention to the bird that was flying away into the mountains, presumably towards its nest. I break out into a sprint following the bird aswell as Kimura's screams. My kimono and hair whips against me I run and leap from rock to rock, slowly catching up with the bird.
'Damn human....' I think to myself but also feeling a slight twinge in my heart, thinking about how Rin and (y/n) would feel if I couldnt get her back. Then my mind races to (y/n), I didnt get a good look at her before I left but she wasnt moving and she reeked of blood. I feel my eyes flicker red alittle, thinking about (y/n), my pace got faster as I see the bird land in its nest and drop Kimura in it. I leap up the side of the mountain and jump into the nest. The bird swivels its head to look at me and before it can even react, my claws glow green and I swipe as green whips flick out from my nails cutting the bird cleanly into multiple pieces. The birds body crumpled and fell out of the nest down the mountain. I look to see Kimura curled in a ball sobbing into her knees, obviously not know that the bird is gone.
"Kimura" I said calling to her. She looks up right at me with her puffy face and red eyes then once her brain processes what was happening she quickly stood up and ran over to me still crying. She latched her arms around my legs hugging the lower half of my body in an iron grip, while she cried into my kimono.
"S-s-sess-homaru I-I Wa-s So Sca-ared...." She said to me through the hiccups and tears. I didnt say anything but just looked down at the girl. I removed her arms from around my legs and helped her get onto my back. She quickly latched onto my Fur that hangs over my shoulder.
"Hang on" I said her quietly, using a slightly softer tone then I normally use. I hear a faint okay as I gracefully jump out of the nest and land on the ground. I quickly start sprinting back to Jaken and Rin but knowing deep down I am rushing back for one person.

(Y/n)

While running I hear the sound coming from Kimura change from sobs into whimpers into light snores. I quickly find myself closing in on (y/n)'s scent and the closer I get the more and more blood assaults my nose. My heart starts racing as I quickly pick up speed.
'Why am I so worried about this one girl...' I think to myself trying to figure what I am feeling. Then I see a cave coming up in front of me and I see a trail of blood drips leading into the cave. I slow down my pace as I enter the cave and I see her. . .