Chapter One

I sat down under a tree watching Kimura happily run around among the flowers. I smile faintly, when I hear her giggling as she starts chasing a bunny.
      "Miss (y/n) look! I think I can catch him!!" She exclaims as she starts running for the treeline.
      "Kimura, don't run to far" I shout out to the happy girl but soon I lose sight of her. I sigh and stand up from my sitting position and start walking towards the trees. After a few steps, I smell something that makes my eyes go wide. A demon. Suddenly I break into a full sprint in the direction of Kimura.
      "KIMURA?! Where are you?" I swiftly run through the tree, my ears twitching trying to hear her voice while I follow her scent. Suddenly out of the corner of my eye I see her near a clearing in the forest.
      "Kimura!! Dont run away from me like that!" I yell with fear and anger laced in my voice as I run to her. I pick her up and hug her checking for any injuries and just making sure she is okay.
      "I'm sorry miss (y/n) but I found a friend! Look!!" She said wiggling out of my arms running towards a little girl standing next to a tree.
       In my panic I didnt even notice the small girl standing there. She looked about the same age as Kimura with a orange and yellow checkered kimono and long black hair.
       I take a deep breath and shake my head alittle as I smile gently, I walk up to the girls and kneel down so we are the same height.
      "Hello, what's your name little one?" I said looking at her kindly.
      "My name is Rin!" She said with a big smile that is missing a couple teeth. Rin gasps as she sees my orange fluffy fox tail swishing behind me.
      "Your tail is so pretty!!" She says reaching out touching the tail.
        I laugh alittle as she admires my tail.
      "Miss (y/n) is a fox demon! She can do magic things too!" Kimura said excitedly. Rin gasps again bouncing alittle,
       "Really?! Can I see you do something?" She begs with big puppy dog eyes.
        I laugh alittle standing up.
       "Maybe another time Rin. Now, why are you in the woods all by yourself? Its dangerous for you to be out here alone?" I asked cocking my head to the side.
       "I'm not alone ma'am! I was just picking berrys for me and my friend Jaken to eat!" She says running a few feet away picking up a basket to show me the small amount of wild raspberries she collected.
       "Alright Rin but the sun is starting to set so I think you should head back to your camp, your parents must be worried. I'll walk with you if you like." I ask gently.
       Rins eyes lit up.
       "You can come stay with us for the night! Kimura and I can play some more!" She said bouncing around a little. Kimura also started to mirror Rins excitement.
       "Can we Miss (y/n) pleaseeeeeee?" Kimura asked tugging on my hand alittle.
       "We can see once we get there, okay?" Both girls seemed content with that answer. Rin grabbed my hand and started pulling me through the woods, as Kimura trotted next to Rin.
       "Also (y/n) sadly my parents are dead but my guardian Sesshomaru takes care of me! You can meet him!" Rin says happily with no sadness present in her voice. My heart broke alittle hearing about her parents but I didnt wish to ask to many questions know Kimura's parents had a similar fate. I squeeze Rins hand alittle
        "I would be more then happy to meet him little Rin" I said softly. She smiles and nods her head acknowledging my answer.
       We walked for about 10 minutes and I just silently listen to the girls chatting with each other. They were walking in front of me while I trailed a few feet behind them.
       'They seem to really like each other.' I thought to myself as they chatted about their favorite flowers.
       While my thoughts were else where, suddenly I smelled a demon and before I knew it I saw a flash of white and some hit me into a tree.