ten.

after a few weeks have passed, they had to tightened the security system all over the city. the SID are still looking for upcoming attacks and information. "made a call with the head of the security department." zhao yunlan announced as he exited his office "what did they say?" zhu hong asked "the fbi will take the case of the drug bust. meaning they have a share of the case." he continued "we would still have the murder cases." he added. 

then da qing handed him a file "hey, join me in the university. i need to give this file to them." he said "eh, why don't you do it yourself?" zhao yunlan rolled his eyes "bitch-" he said "here then you give it." he handed him the file. "fine." he groaned. "hey be careful. we're actually on the lead of the mafia." lao chu warned him. "yeah i will." he nodded. "oi da qing go accompany him." zhu hong "fine goddammit." da qing groaned.

---

"don't you think you and zhao yunlan are becoming so close?" the dean asked shen wei. shen wei was called in his office to talk about some school business but he never thought of the dean bringing up zhao yunlan "what do you mean, sir?" shen wei questioned "you know, you guys have been going out for a while. not going out as in dating but like as very close friends." he said. "but you guys are very close, don't you think?" the dean said. shen wei just gave a smile. "he's very kind. he's actually easy to get a long." he responded

while da qing and zhao yunlan were walking to the dean's office, da qing suddenly stopped at his tracks "what's wrong?" zhao yunlan asked. "shut your mouth. wait i think shen wei is in here too." da qing said and they carefully leaned on the door. they had to keep a distance so that they won't be caught. though the door was closed they could still hear the conversation. "oh shit they're talking about you man." he said. zhao yunlan's eyes went big "hold the fuck up, let me listen." he said.

shen wei looked down "you should stay away from him." the dean said. "what?" shen wei asked and stared at the dean "why?" he asked "they're on the tail of the mafia. you might put yourself in danger by being too close with him." the dean responded "or he might put you in danger." he added. "no. i know him. he wouldn't do that." shen wei protested "professor shen." the dean's voice went lower. 

"i treated you like my son. do you really want to die or worse put us in danger?"

da qing and zhao yunlan heard the conversation. "i've had enough of this shit. you be the one to give the file." zhao yunlan says as he walked out. da qing groaned. he was also pissed at the fact they pointed out that zhao yunlan was a big danger.

"sir-" shen wei got cut off "please stay away from him." the dean said. "if you get too close to him, you might seriously get hurt. i'm telling you that man may not protect you." he added. shen wei couldn't protest anymore. if he would push it too much he might end up fighting with the dean so he gave up. after that da qing didn't hesitate to knock. "sir?" he said as he opened the door.

shen wei and the dean stood up as da qing came inside "here's the file." he said and handed the folder to the dean. after that da qing exited the room then shen wei followed. "oh professor shen." da qing said "how's the case?" shen wei asked at the walked through the halls "you know, it's still on going." he smiled. "how's zhao-" he was cut off by da qing. "he was here a while ago. unfortunately we were able to hear your conversation." they both stopped at their tracks. "shit." shen wei cursed.

da qing sighed "but chief zhao isn't dangerous." he said "i know." shen wei said "you should check up on him." da qing said "of course." shen wei replied. after that da qing left then shen wei came into his office. he tried to contact zhao yunlan but he couldn't. zhao yunlan is aware that shen wei is calling him but he doesn't reply.

the squad watched zhao yunlan sulking on the couch. "that dean is mean you know." lin jing said "yeah. just don't mind him, chief zhao." xiao guo said. "god why did we have to listen to that conversation?" zhao yunlan groaned. he dropped his phone on the table. his phone continued to vibrate and ring non-stop. "not gonna answer that?" zhu hong asked. "it's shen wei you know." she added "yeah. i know." he replied.

"i just wanted him to remember me but it turned out just like this." zhao yunlan said. tears were forming in the corner of his eyes. "it hurts to think that i might put shen wei in danger. what? am i gonna kill him?" he exclaimed. the squad just stayed silent and tried to understand what he was feeling. it really wounded zhao yunlan when shen wei kind of agreed to stay away from him.

shen wei dropped his phone on his desk. he gave up. zhao yunlan won't even reply or answer his calls anymore. he was so bothered to the point he couldn't continue his work. then droplets of tears fell down. 'shen wei, what's wrong with you?' he thought to himself 'what if he really puts you in danger?' he asked himself. he shook his head. he protested his own thoughts. 

he kept doubting and doubting day by day. by shen wei distancing each other it caused shen wei to overthink. he then really thought zhao yunlan was putting him to danger. on the other hand, zhao yunlan tried to keep busy. he finally thought shen wei was distancing already. 

his phone then stayed silent. it stopped ringing, beeping, and vibrating. "so you're just gonna let him go?" lao chu asked. "i don't know." zhao yunlan replied bluntly.