five.

the rays of the sun beamed dow on zhao yunlan's office. his office was a mess. there were piled up paper work on his table where he just fell asleep. the chief's head rested on the pile of his paperwork. he had fallen asleep in his office. da qing came to the precinct early with wang zheng. "chief zhao didn't come home last night." said da qing as they came in "why?" wang zheng replied as she already sat down and turned on her desktop.

da qing shrugged "i don't know." he then went to the chief's office. it's not a surprise to see him sleeping there again. "chief zhao wake up." da qing shook the chief. zhao yunlan moved his head a little and just groaned "it's freaking seven in the morning man." he said "huh? what?" zhao yunlan raised his head slowly. "god i fell asleep." he said as he sits up straight. "did you get any sleep?" da qing asked then zhao yunlan shook his head. "go back and rest then come in after lunh. we'll handle everything here." da qing said. zhao yunlan did what he was told to.

zhao yunlan has been a workaholic. even in his past life and clearly nothing changed. he stayed up all night to find possible leads on the case that has been going for a few days now. a week has passed  on the case yet there was no lead so he was determined to find a lead within this week. early in the morning as zhu hong arrives she cleans the precinct. she is always dissatisfied when zhao yunlan's office is not clean. like right now.

"zhao yunlan you seriously need to know how to clean up." zhu hong muttered under her breath. she threw out the old papers and basically cleaned his table. "zhao yunlan overworked again, huh?" zhu hong says as she exited his office "yeah the usual." da qing responded as he typed on his keyboard. four hours passed and xiao guo came in late. "i'm sorry i'm late." he said as he came in. "why were you late?" lao chu asked. "it's just i saw something." he replied.

the whole squad was intrigued to listen to him. "what happened?" lin jing asked as he came out of his lab "a guy. he just stared at  some of the people then they went ballistic and died. i-i don't know." xiao guo said with his terrified voice. "do you know where he's heading now?" lao chu asked "i don't know but i recall him going into a cafe." xiao guo replied. "we'll get that man. xiao guo come with us since you identify that man." lao chu said. "i'll come with you also. his ability seem strong. the rest of you stay here." zhu hong instructed.

---

while they were walking out in the hot city they couldn't see the man until xiao guo saw him in the cafe. the cafe had some business man doing business proposals so he came up to them. "he's there. go in now." xiao guo said. zhu hong and lao chu went inside the cafe while xiao guo was waiting outside. zhu hong observed the young man. the young man stared into their eyes then blood came out of their mouth. "hey stop it!" zhu hong said then tried to make an attack. 

the man quickly pinned down zhu hong and stared in her eyes but it wouldn't work because of zhu hong's abilities. lao chu uses his marionette strings to make the man let go of zhu hong. he aims the strings at his wrist. "shit." the man cursed. zhu hong stood up. lao chu came up to zhu hong after tying the strings around the man's wrist "you okay?" he asked and zhu hong nodded.

they then headed to the precinct with the suspect. "call the chief." da qing said to wang zheng and she nodded. zhu hong was in the interrogation room. she was guarding the suspect. quickly,  zhao yunlan arrived early "what do we have here?" zhao yunlan says as he enters the interrogation room. "chaoxiang. he has been making people ballistic and killing them with only looking into their eyes." zhu hong explained.

"why are you killing them? what's your goal?" zhao yunlan asked as he takes a seat in front of him. "why should i tell you?" he socffed "you don't want to get arrested, right? so tell us your goddamn plan." zhao yunlan growled. "even though you're gonna arrest me you'll still get nothing out of me." chaoxiang smirked. zhao yunlan slammed on the table and walked out. zhu hong then followed him out. 

they were both looking at the suspect outside. it had a glass window to see him clearly. "gosh we'll never get anything out of him." zhu hong rolled her eyes. "c-can i try interrogating?" xiao guo asked "you sure? can you handle it?" zhao yunlan asked "yeah. chu ge will be with me anyways." he smiled. zhao yunlan then nodded and signaled both of them to get in. 

xiao guo sat in front of the suspect while on the other hand, lao chu is behind him. lin jing and da qing were intrigued on how he will interrogate. "please tell me what you want from the civilians." xiao guo said softly "you guys are lowly cops basically you really can't get anything from me." chaoxiang said. xiao guo was insulted. he quickly  slammed on the table. the squad got startled by it.

"okay listen here dipshit, if you want to die and rot in dixing then don't tell us anything but if you want to live your nonsense murder life then tell us something or else we can kill you on the spot." xiao guo grabbed his collar. he was threatened alright. "okay okay fine." chaoxiang said. then xiao guo released his grip. lao chu turned on the recorder.

"i was recruited in the mafia. we strive to make a lot of money in the black market but since the security is high in this city our goal is to wipe out at least 85% of the population." chaoxiang then paused "a-ping, the one who manipulated the student in dragon university and the one in the park, basically after the murder there they recruited me. since they knew there was an investigation happening already they had to get me." he continued.

zhao yunlan listened carefully. "our boss has an extensive hearing so he could hear what i'm saying. i won't reveal much so that you guys won't get wiped out. that's all." he stated. lao chu stopped the recording "thank you for your cooperation, sir." xiao guo said. 

---

ah no weilan for the moment ppl dont worry there will be a weilan moment in the next chaoter adjejs