twenty-three.

zhao yunlan woke up early as usual. the usual just happened. shen wei was still asleep. he stared at shen wei's soft face. zhao yunlan carefully caressed his cheek. the sleeping shen wei then woke up. "yunlan.." he says as he holds zhao yunlan's hand "did you get enough sleep?" zhao yunlan asked as he removed his hand from his cheek "yeah. luckily i did." shen wei said. shen wei then stood up to make some breakfast. zhao yunlan followed shen wei. "do you have your brother's number?" zhao yunlan asked. "do you need it?" shen wei asked. "yeah." zhao yunlan nodded.

shen wei grabbed his phone. "here." shen wei showed his number. zhao yunlan then added it to his contacts. he has to talk to yezun today so that they could get along. then he called his number. while yezun was sleeping, his phone rang. "my god who calls at this time?" he groaned and grabbed his phone. he checked the contact and it was an unknown number. "hello? who is this?" he answered the call.

"hey yezun, it's zhao yunlan." he greeted "where did you get my number?" yezun asked as he sat up. "who elese has your number here? you dumb fuck." zhao yunlan replied. he remembered shen wei has his number so supposedly he got it from him "alright. what do you want?" yezun replied "are you free today? i really need to talk to you." zhao yunlan said. "yeah i'm free." yezun says. "okay meet me at the cafe nearby." zhao yunlan said as he dropped the call. 

---

zhao yunlan silently waited in the cafe. the sound of the door opening caught his attention. yezun came in a little late. yezun then sitted across him "i think you wanna talk about what happened last night." yezun says "yeah. i just can't stand the two of you hating or having bad intentions towards each other." zhao yunlan replied. yezun gave a big sigh. "i never thought he would do that." he said.

"did he even think about it? like, he sold his virginity and our parents." yezun rolled his eyes. "are you still mad at him?" zhao yunlan asked. "of course." yezun replied. "you're leaving tomorrow. i don't want you to hate on your brother, again." zhao yunlan says. "come to think of it, he was kinda heartless." yezun said. "it was disappointing too." he added. 

he  then waited for a reply from zhao yunlan. "i'm not siding with shen wei, okay? i have to admit i was disappointed upon knowing he sold his you know and your parents." zhao yunlan paused as he sipped his coffee. "but i'm sure, i'm very sure he loved his parents and ypu as well." he continued. yezun raised an eyebrow "how sure are you?" he asked. "i don't really see he loved our parents. even though we just spent a short time together." he added.

zhao yunlan sighed "when he admitted all the things he's done in the past, he was really hurt. he even sobbed for an hour or two. not that i'm siding with him but i knew he loved your parents. if you don't love someone, you wouldn't cry over them. am i correct?" zhao yunlan said. yezun nodded in reply "you even cried about it. if he didn't love your parents then he wouldn't be crying or he wouldn't be affected." zhao yunlan explained. "i'll make shen wei apologize, don't worry." he added. 

yezun hesitates "no you don't have to." he says "i just want you guys to not fight." zhao yunlan said "i know. it's just hard to accept it." yezun said. "even though you guys hate each other, you're still siblings." zhao yunlan said "you should forgive him." he added. yezun sighed "i know." he replied. "i thought shen wei was a good child when he was young." zhao yunlan said "well he wasn't." yezun said. "you see, he just experienced a kind of one night stand." yezun giggled. zhao yunlan then shushed him "you'll also experience that, eventually." zhao yunlan said.

he sighed "are you willing to talk to shen wei tonight?" asked zhao yunlan "tonight?" yezun asked. zhao yunlan nodded in reply "is it okay with you?" he asked. "to get it over with, sure i am." yezun bluntly replied  "come on work me." zhao yunlan groaned "you guys are gonna talk properly, okay?" he said "yeah sure dad." yezun said. "are you seriously gonna act like that?" zhao yunlan said. "you know you still have to forgive your brother." he added. "i will do that." yezun replied. 

"where do we meet tonight?" yezun asked "at the park. is seven o'clock okay for you?" zhao yunlan said "its okay." yezun smiled "you'll be there, right?" he asked worriedly "yeah i will. why do you ask?" zhao yunlan says "i might end up punching him." yezun said. "don't worry. i'll be there." zhao yunlan gave an assuring smile.

---

later in the afternoon, zhao yunlan arrived at the apartment. shen wei was just resting on the bed. "how'd it go with yezun?" shen wei asked. zhao yunlan laid down beside him "it went pretty well." zhao yunlan smiled and cuddled shen wei "are you willing to talk to him later?" zhao yunlan asked. "what time?" shen wei asked. "around seven. at the park, tonight." zhao yunlan replied. 

shen wei sighed "yeah i am willing. i mean, i don't want to have a fight with him." he replied. "i'll be there. is it okay?" zhao yunlan said. shen wei nodded in reply "i need you there anyways. he might end up punching me." shen wei chuckled. "you guys really are twins, huh" zhao yunlan said. "i hope he doesn't pick up a fight with me before he leaves." shen wei said.

"he won't i'm sure about that." zhao yunlan smiled. zhao yunlan kissed his shen wei's cheeks softly. "you've been sleeping a lot lately." zhao yunlan said. shen wei gave a confused look. "you're getting lazier day by day." he laughed. shen wei rolled his eyes upon his reply. "you're lazier than me." shen wei said with a cold tone.

zhao yunlan quickly hugged shen wei tight "aww, i'm sorry for telling you you're lazy." zhao yunlab giggled. "just go and rest for a moment." shen wei said. "hah, i love you." zhao yunlan said "i love you too." shen wei replied. shen wei sighed and thought about how he'll talk to his little brother later.