Delta Zakuro x Reader

[Y/N]=Your name
[L/N]=Last name
[N/N]=Nickname
[E/C]=Eye color
[D/O/B]=Date of Birth
[F/C]=Favorite color
[R/G/N]=Random girl's name
Italics=Flashback
—————————————
I don't own anything but the plot.
Enjoy!!
————————————
[May you only need the light when it's burning low. Only miss the sun when it starts to snow. Only know you love her when you let her go. Only know you've been high when you're feeling low. Only hate the road when you're missing home. Only know you love her when you let her go.]- "Let Her Go" by Passenger
———————————————————

A normal day became tragic for the young girl. [Y/N] was running her routine route around town. Her feet hit the ground with a soft rhythmic tone as she panted softly. Her daily training before heading to the Victories's hangout for practice.

On the another side of town a man known for his drinking addiction was driving around. A bottle of booze in his hand. The man lifted the container to his lips for a quick shot. His attention diverted from the road for a quick second causing him to swerve onto concrete.

The car collided with the young girl who was unprepared for the impact. Her bones broken and her body battered. Onlookers scurried about as medical help arrived to save the child.

That where Delta found his beloved girl. Connected to tubes and wires to a point of being unrecognizable. "[N/N]?" The red-eyed male called out softly as he entered her room.

The girl opened her once-bright [E/C] eyes. "Hey Love." She whispered softly as that was all she could manage. Delta whimpered softly as he collapsed beside her bed. "[Y/N]. Please you can't leave me." He cried.

[Y/N] smiled weakly. "I'll never leave you Delta-kun." She told him. "Even if I leave you physically, I will always be with you spiritually." Delta released a quiet sob as he hugged her gently, not wanting to disrupt the wires keeping his love alive.

In the end there was nothing anyone could do to save the child from untimely death. [Y/N] passed into the heavens with Delta still curled around her cold and still body. The male sobbed as he planted a final kiss about her lips. "I love you." He whispered softly.

The days that followed were the hardest days of his life. The pain he felt could not be soothe by anything, not even training. The male watched as raindrops pattered against the windowpane. A clap of thunder knocked out the power, and while the rest of the Victories scrambled around for lights the male only smiled softly.

"May you only need the light when it's burning low." He sang under his breathe as he remembered another time and place. One when [Y/N] was still alive.

The rain pounded the roof as lightning cracked across the sky. The lights flickered as the group looked up at them. In that instant the power gave out, leaving the group in total darkness.

"Great. Now what do we do?" Delta's angry voice sounded. "Calm down would ya?" [Y/N] grumbled at him. Suddenly a beam of light lit up. [Y/N]'s phone flashlight. Delta scoffed. "That's not gonna work." He said. "It will for now." She returned sharply as the device was placed on the edge of the stadium. Taka followed her example.

Soon a ring of lights created by the group's phones circled the stadium. Dante cheered for her idea as his bey was launched into the ring of lights. Now they could continue training.

Delta smiled at the memory. That was the day he fell in love with the girl. After the storm had let up, he made his way to her grave. "Hey [N/N]. I just wanted to let you know that the group is doing well. Dante made a new friend, I think he said his name was Gwyn. Anyways, I miss you Love."