"I'm sorry" I call to the men I've grounded before turning towards the window. Bucky looks up to me from the roof of the building he's just landed on.

"Let's go" he shouts. I take in a breath, my heart thundering at the height and my vision blurring slightly from the effects of Extraction. Nonetheless,

I jump.

After soaring through the air for a few excruciatingly long seconds, I slam against the hard concrete of the roof and roll to lessen the impact. I land on my back, my heart pounding. The power of the venom in my system is quickly fading and I slowly stand up, my body aching.

"How did you know about them?" He asks me, pressing a hand against his abdomen.

"I bugged your room with cameras" I concede between gasps of air.

"Did telling you I didn't need protection mean nothing to you?" He growls, stepping up to me. I scoff, not moving from my spot.

"I'm pretty sure I just saved your life, the least you could do is be grateful!" I scold, indignation roaring within me. My cheeks immediately burn, I'm not used to raising my voice.

"I'm sorry" I apologize, stepping back and pulling a hand through my messy hair, "But you need to learn that you can't be some lone wolf and survive"

He shakes his head, turning from me and quickly turning back.

"I don't need to take advice from a woman I don't even know" he states. I open my mouth respond, but am cut off as he winces and looks down to the three bullet wounds in his torso. I sigh, walking up to him.

"I can help with that if you want" I inform, trying to keep the frustration from my voice. It's amazing how even after I save his butt he can't seem to want to listen to me. He eyes me warily, taking me in head to toe.

"How can you help?" He asks, quickly dropping to a knee from the pain. I grab his metal arm, helping him to the ground of the roof we stand on. The cool metal seeps into my skin and I can't help but take a moment to look over it, taking in the red star on the side. I gulp, the arm reminding me of the Winter Soldier side of him.

"Trust me" I announce.

"Not a chance"

I roll my eyes, looking down at him with one eyebrow raised. I thought I didn't trust easy.

"Do you want me to heal you or not?" I ask, settling down onto my knees beside him. He eyes me once more before nodding. I take this as a yes and take in a deep breath, preparing myself once again for Extraction.

"This might hurt a little" I inform before summoning my venom once more. His eyes widen at the gas that begins to pool around my hands and he squirms as it enters into his system.

My eyes flutter shut to concentrate, and I let the gas sit within him for a moment. I hear him begin to cough and know that if I don't remove it, he'll soon be unable to breathe. I wait one more second before calling out to the venom, drawing it out and back to me. I open my eyes, watching as the gas pulls from Bucky and into the air, flowing quickly back into me.

"What did you just-" Bucky begins, but trials off as his eyes find his abdomen.

The bullet wounds are gone, not even a scare left in their place.

I whimper slightly, putting a hand to my head as my vision hazes. I feel the venom coursing through my veins with a white hot fire, making me bring a fist to my mouth to keep from crying out in pain. Bucky stays silent, observing my struggle with confused eyes. In a minute, the pain is gone just as quick as it had come.

"Who are you?" He asks, his voice less harsh now. I look up to him, his blue eyes bright with intrigue.

"I already told you, I'm Dawn" I answer, my voice tired and body exerted from using my powers for the first time in months.

"You know what I mean" he states, his eyes scanning my suit.

"This," I state, gesturing to myself, "is Viper. I'm enhanced"

He nods, taking in the information.

"And a secret. You're now the only one who knows besides Nick Fury and Maria Hill" I continue. He looks up to his apartment, no doubt thinking of the men inside it.

"What are we going to do about them?" I ask, knowing that the two I used my powers on are no doubt long gone.

"Well, we should put the bodies that are still up there far from here. When they wake up they should know better than to come back" he answers. I can't help but smile. He said 'we'.

"So you're going to let me help you now?" I prod, half smiling. His impossibly blue eyes turn to me and he rolls them, shaking his head.

"I don't have a choice, do I?"

"Nope"

He sighs, eyeing me carefully. He stands to his feet and extends his hand for me to take. I grab it and he hoists me to my feet.

"Tonight only, after that you take down your cameras and you're gone" he informs.

"Oh, come on! Those guys are going to come back and when they do you're going to need help" I exclaim, crossing my arms over my chest.

He takes a challenging step closer to me, but I don't back down. His nose is inches from mine, his blue eyes darkened to a roiling storm gray.

"I don't need help" Bucky grits out.

With that, he turns and walks away towards the building access on the roof. I groan, deciding that now's not the time to fight with him.

I'll take whatever little victories I can get.