"Allow me to present to you both Ziedas of Ithoya, daughter to Emissary Brokand, and currently, personal guest of the royal family of Morakar."

Ziedas finally stepped over the threshold as if she was waiting for the announcement to accompany her grand entrance.

"This is Jeraf," Fiama continued, "head stablehand for the Kingdom of Morakar."

Jeraf frowned as Ziedas held out her hand. She should have expected such a reaction, especially after what she had told him about their last encounter. A gentle nod of her head told him now wasn't the time and thankfully he took the hint and accepted Ziedas' hand for a quick shake.

Ziedas looked almost disappointed when she didn't receive the same attention Fiama received from Timin, but there was no time for bruised egos when they were there with a purpose. Timin, for all his manners, approached Ziedas with the smooth confidence of someone who was trained in court politics.

"My lady Ziedas," he said, bowing at the waist. "I am Lord Timin, your humble servant."

"Your father is a Lord," Jeraf reminded him as he closed the door and stepped back towards the sitting area. Fiama relaxed her shoulders as she felt the tension of formality begin to ease.

"Lord by association, then" Timin correct, giving the women a slight smile and a wink before following his cousin back to his seat. Cups of tea in front of each chair explained what they were doing before they arrived, and Timin began pouring fresh cups for each of them.

Fiama didn't want to make herself too comfortable. They were there with a purpose, and one she would have rather completed sooner than later. She met Jeraf's gaze and was about to explain the reason for their unexpected visit when Timin spoke.

"How are you enjoying Morakar?" he asked Ziedas, motioning to the chair across from him as if in invitation as he placed down a steam cup of tea.

"It's been... interesting," she responded kindly, taking the offered seat but turning her attention to Jeraf. "I've been informed you know the vigilante who's been patrolling the roads."

Jeraf coughed on the sip of tea he had dared swallow, his attention immediately snapping to Fiama.

The princess gave her friend a slight smile and a shrug as her heart pounded. "Apologies, but the Lady wanted to find out more about your friend, so I told her we'd come and visit to see if you could assist in setting up a meeting with him."

She hoped her intonation and expressions were enough to convince Jeraf to play along.

They seemed to be enough as Jeraf finally regained his breath and sighed, turning back to Ziedas. "If I may ask... why?"

"It's personal," Ziedas said quickly, on the defensive.

Jeraf shook his head at her defiance. "Well, I can assure you, if you want to set up any sort of meeting with him, I'm going to need to know a reason why."

Ziedas pursed her lips and straightened her posture, squaring her shoulders and holding her head high as she prepared to explain herself. "Your vigilante saved my life on the road. I owe him my thanks."

"The best thing you can do to show your thanks is not need to be saved on the road again," Jeraf mused.

"You didn't tell me there were vigilantes," Timin mentioned to his cousin. "Surely something must be done."

"Vigilante. One," Jeraf corrected his cousin before glaring at Fiama. "And he doesn't much care for personal calls."

"That's what I tried to explain to her," the princess said with a shrug. "But she insisted she meet him for the sake of the future of Morakar."