Finally, I came towards a sign and was able to call a taxi. It was times like this I wished I had Uber. I'd got a new phone recently, and for some reason some of my apps hadn't automatically installed from my old phone - Uber being one of them.

—————

Once I reached my house, I was far from caring what I looked like. I tumbled out the backseat, after paying the taxi man whatever was in my purse - it literally could of been hundreds - and attempted to walk up the steep hill of a driveway I had. Somehow, I'd managed to climb up it in these oversized heels by not falling flat on my face or rolling back down it.

I scraped through my purse for my keys, shoving lipstick, perfume, and god knows what else out my way until finally I saw the little pink Pompom I'd attached last year. Yes!

I pierced the key hole, turned the key, and a rush of excitement filled my bones when I realised I could have a shower and lounge round all day trying to forget Bax.

I was a little disheartened to realise that he hadn't shared the same connection I had. Something inside me sprung to life, lighting up every time he went near me last night. Just the thought of what I did was shameful enough - again I don't do one nighters - so to do it and be disappointed by the end result (even though I knew the ultimate ending) made me feel even more ashamed.

This is why you don't do one night stands, Lucy!

Yeah conscience you keep telling me that, make me feel even worse, thanks.

Maybe being at home wasn't so great after all. I was still thinking about how he treated me afterwards, despite the amazing night we spent together. But I had to remind myself this was nothing special to him, he did this all the time. I was just another woman in the bar whom he thought was hot, so wanted to take her home for a while. He even agreed that I shouldn't of stayed.

My trek to the shower - which felt like a sponsored walk for ten miles from the aching in my feet - was consumed by all these negative thoughts. I'd become obsessed with a man from one night. Sex. Simple sex. Two people in each other's company.

Only it wasn't just two people, it was you and Bax

That thought was absurd. I didn't even know the man. Maybe I'd learnt a lot from being in his home for around six hours (was it?) but I still didn't actually know him. I knew simple facts, but except for all that, we were still acquaintances.

I just needed to stop thinking, shower, and contact Avery. I never told her I was leaving last night; I just left.

Just as I was about to walk under the scorching spray of water, Avery's name chimed on my phone.

Avery: Tell me you got home safe, and was not murdered? I forgot to tell you when I left last night.

Me: I was just about to ask you the same thing.

Avery: I didn't see you leave? When did you leave?

Me: not sure what time, but I didn't leave alone...

I told Avery everything, so I had to tell her this.

Avery: WHAT?!

I couldn't control the laugh that came after seeing that text. I could already imagine her face wide eyed, gripping the phone, while dancing on the tips of her toes in anticipation for my answer. I decided to have my shower, making her wait a little longer.

My feet melted into the hot water, releasing a moan from my throat. It felt so good to be under clean hot water after last night.

Especially after my walk down Bax' street.

I was enjoying the hot droplets warming my skin, falling down my naked body, when Avery burst through my bathroom door. I hadn't been that long in here had I?

"Girl, I don't care if you are showering, tell me who you went home with now!"

She yelled over the sound of the shower, and I could just about see her recently dyed candy floss pink hair. She was very out-there shall we say? You know, vibrant, confident, bubbly. I loved her so much for it. She was the fruit to my fruit salad - I was just the plain white plastic bowl storing the fruit. But we went together perfectly, and I loved her enthusiasm in life.

"Can you just wait a second? I'm mid hair wash here!"

"No it can not wait! Wash that shit off here's a towel." She held a towel out for me, forcing me to rush the rest of my shower.

"You're so impatient." I growled at her as I pulled the towel around me into a little dress, tucking it into the side bit.

"Well? What was his name?"

I scowled at her as she completely ignored the fact I was half naked in front of her.

"His name was Bax."

"Bax? Don't think I've heard of him." She tapped her index finger along her chin, pretending to think.

"He's a billionaire, and it's his last name. Said he doesn't tell his first."

Her confused expression couldn't be missed, she was as lost on that topic as I was.

"A billionaire? What?"

"Said he owns hotels or something. I expected you to be more hyper over this?"

I really was. I'm not sure why, but I just did. Don't most girls get excited over billionaires? Clearly all apart from me and her.

"Nah, not bothered about his bank account. Just wanna know if he was good. Was he?" She started laughing and raising her eyebrow at me.

"Yes. Very good, but this morning he was a piece of shit."

I filled her in on his attitude, and how it ended, she just stood there in shock.

"I get he was stressed, but do you need to speak to people like that?"

"Exactly, Ave"

We spent the rest of the morning planning another night out. I wasn't really in the mood for it, but why not? I think I needed it. Hopefully I'd forget all things Bax too...