CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

Start from the beginning

"Got ya," I continued to stare at the menu, wondering what would be good. I rarely ate at Wendy's, so I chose the chicken sandwich. Sitting my phone in my lap, I waited for the cashier to come back. "Hello?"

"You ready to order?" The cashier questioned.

"Yes, let me get Uh..." I said. "A big bacon classic combo with a large fry and large sprite and uh...I guess, a homestyle chicken sandwich combo with a large fry and a medium-sized tropical berry lemonade, thank you,"

The cashier repeated my order to me, then gave me the total and told me to pull up to the first window.

"I'll see you whenever I leave Wendy's,"

"Alright, be safe," Terrell uttered, ending the phone call.

"Hi," I passed my debit card to the cashier as she gave me the total again, and handed me the paper to sign that I gave to her. Giving me a receipt, I smiled at her. "Have a good day!"

At the second window, the employee handed me the drinks that I put in the cup holder, and I patiently waited for the food to get finished. The employee reached over to give me my food as I thanked her and checked inside my bag to see if I had everything that I ordered before pulling off. Since my music cut off, I pressed play on my cellphone, and Mariah Carey's Don't Forget About Us song played as I continued driving to Terrell's place.

It took me a few minutes to get to his place as I parked his car in the yard, put on my crossbody, and reached for the bag. I left the drinks in the cupholder, not at all being able to carry everything as I got to the front door and placed a knock on the door.

"Hey, Lil' bit!" Terrell opened the door, letting me get through him to sit the keys and bag on the counter as I watched him grab the drinks from the car. "Damn, I should've asked for one of those drinks,"

"I did ask you," I moved to the sink, washing my hands as I got back to the counter to take the food out. "I made sure to fill your tank up with gas. So whenever you get back on the road, you'll be good."

"Thanks," He closed his front door and locked it before walking up to me to grab his food. "You still wanna' go car shopping?"

"No," I shook my head, carrying my food with me to the kitchen table then I walked over to the living room to get my drink from the table and headed back to the kitchen. "I might just get another rental. My savings is growing, but I'm trying to use that for an apartment or a house with furniture. I realized that I need to continue to save money,"

Living in Los Angeles was no joke; a person had to have at least one hundred thousand dollars in your savings account to make it out here. I'm sure that if I didn't have Terrell, who insisted that I stay with him. I'd be staying in hotels, paying bills every night, and struggling even more than I was in Baton Rouge. I wanted more for myself, chasing the dream of success in acting was more than a goal to me.

It was no other way that I could go to if my chances of becoming successful get ruined. I felt that it was my purpose to live a successful lifestyle and have a good career after all the things that I've gone through. I remember the days in Baton Rouge, where I would cry myself to sleep, knowing that I didn't have any family or friends by my side while I was suffering from depression.

All the times I would go to work, and go back home drinking away my problems, my sleepless nights, lack of appetite, losing weight, loss of hair, staying in darkness all the time, crying all the time and losing interest in all the things that I used to do. I even shut out all the associates that I had in my life because it was that bad. I couldn't forget the time whenever I was in school, and I caught the worst panic attack in my life just taking a test.