Cheng Xiao has never been as grateful for her ability to put up a pretense until tonight. Being on the verge of having a meltdown from her heartache, Cheng Xiao was trying her best to not display it to her parents or Yibo. Thanks to her career which required her to mainly showcase her happy side, Cheng Xiao was able to last through the hour without too much suspicion.

For the first time ever, Cheng Xiao was relieved to watch Yibo walked out of her sight. Not because she didn't want to interact with him, but because she doesn't know how much longer she can control her tears.

Once Yibo drove through the gates and Cheng Xiao closed the front doors, she turned around and ran into her room. Letting go of all the pent up frustration, desired, and unobtainable happiness; Cheng Xiao mourned for her first love.

~~~~~

"For every action, there is an opposite and equal reaction." - Newton's 3rd Law

This scientific quote doesn't just apply to the world of Physics. It can be said that this was more applicable to every day's relationship: after all for every heartbreak, a new love blossom.

Yibo drove home that night, reflecting on what a humorous day he had. He started out in a normal state, then felt anxious towards Cheng Xiao for seeing Xiao Zhan, he left the hospital in irritation at Xiao Zhan's interaction with Zoey, and finally ending the night in pure bliss simply because he knew that Xiao Zhan was jealous of him and Cheng Xiao.

Though he experienced a whirlwind of emotions, none of that seemed to matter since the only thing he wanted to do before turning in for the night was to send Xiao Zhan one more message.

[WYB: Goodnight]

On the receiving end of this greeting was also a person coming to terms with his emotions. To acknowledge one's interest and likes toward someone doesn't correlate with the formation of a relationship. It required both parties to take action in order to walk down the same path together.

When Xiao Zhan received Yibo's message, he was sitting next to Xuan Lu at the Cao's residence. Noticing Xiao Zhan's endearing smile, Xuan Lu couldn't help but whispered, "Wang Yibo?"

Too focused on the message, Xiao Zhan forgot who was sitting next to him. "Mn," he shyly replied. After a moment of silence, Xiao Zhan decided to ask Xuan Lu a question, "Jie-jie."

'Ah?"

"Why does one person like another?"

Xuan Lu has been shipping the YiZhan couple since she first heard about them from Zoey. However, she also knew how walled off Xiao Zhan has been from such relationships ever since he lost his parents. Hearing such a question from him meant that for the first time, he was showing interest and willing to take a step forward. This simple moment put Xuan Lu in tears because someone who Xiao Zhan can depend on finally appeared.

Holding back her tears, she looked at Xiao Zhan with great affection. "A-Zhan, to like someone means that you're willing to lean on them when life gets hard and you, in return, are willing to be a supportive pillar for them. When you start to envision their face and hear their voice like a schizophrenic, it means that you want to share moments of your life with them. Most importantly, you are most comfortable to the point of letting yourself go in their presence."

Xiao Zhan scoffed at the concept, "What a silly thing."

"Awh," Xuan Lu agreed. "To like does make one act silly. And when you love, it'll make you crazy."

Xiao Zhan looked at Xuan Lu with a glimmer of fright in his eyes. Was he ready for such craziness? Did he want to be that lost?

Trying to hide his thoughts, he casually joked, "It was crazy of you to marry that man."

Xuan Lu laughed, smacking Xiao Zhan's arm lightly. Understanding that this was as far as she'll get tonight, she purposely sent Xiao Zhan on his way. "It's getting late and you still have work tomorrow."

"Thanks, Jie-jie." Xiao Zhan laughed, grateful for his kind and understanding sister.

~~~~~

Yibo woke up the next day with a sense of determination. Since he already acknowledged his interests and settled his feelings for Xiao Zhan, he needed to be proactive and start the chase. Like everything else in his life, once Yibo decided on something, he goes straight in without hesitation.

When Ji Li arrived at the apartment, he was once again faced with a Yibo who treated him as an assistant to wooing Xiao Zhan.

"Presents. What do you think a doctor would like?"

"Ya, you're not even trying to hide who you're talking about anymore?" Ji Li had given up on trying to clarify his real job duties.

"How bothersome. What purpose would that serve?"

Ji Li could only sigh in defeat. "First, tell me some things that he likes." Ji Li was only expecting a short answer but was blown away when Yibo kept talking for several minutes. How much have they interacted in the past few months?!

"The Ice-King has finally melted. Oh how many broken hearts will there be once the fans find out," Ji Li clutched his heart in exaggeration. "Let this single man provide comfort for your fans!"

"Single? Isn't there someone who's willing to deal with your personality besides me and your brother?" It wasn't surprising that Yibo knew about He Peng since Hai Kuan would occasionally bring it up when he saw Ji Li. Sometimes Yibo wondered if his brother had a side job as a wing-man.

"Pei Pei! No such person, no such person," Ji Li vehemently replied. He was a frivolous man who had his fair share of relationships. The one characteristic that he avoided was someone who knew his brother because that has no good result. Anyone who tried to approached Ji Li within Yi Zhou's radius usually gets threatened to the next continent and Ji Li in turned would get scolded for being "too friendly and easily scammed". Ji Li remembered seeing He Peng a few times and had an idea that he was trying to chase him. He can't deny that the man has his own charms, but he worked with Yi Zhou so that was as far as Ji Li's thought traveled. No matter how much Hai Kuan brought up He Peng, that road was too dangerous to even look at.

~~~~~

While one person was avoiding the dangerous path, another decided to step onto that road instead.

After one night of drowning in her own misery, Cheng Xiao walked out of her room with new determinations. If being the sweet and reserved woman didn't move Yibo's heart, then she'll be proactive and fight for her love. With tunnel vision towards that one goal, Cheng Xiao approached her parents for assistance.

The elder Yu's and Wang's have been in close contact ever since Yibo and Cheng Xiao became close childhood friends. The biggest supporter for the YiXiao couple would be these adults since they often talk about the day when the two would marry. For as far as Cheng Xiao knew, this perception has never changed no matter how obvious it was that Yibo had no interest in anyone. If anything, they might believe that the two just got along in private since Yibo wasn't an expressive person.

Utilizing this, Cheng Xiao decided to shyly bring up the subject of marriage to her parents at the breakfast table. She proudly expressed how caring Yibo was towards her during her injury yesterday, that he rushed to the hospital to see her and even drove her home. Her parents, who knew how infatuated Cheng Xiao was towards Yibo, were used to her constant compliments. Perhaps it was because they finally saw him after such a long period that a sense of reassurance emerged in handing Cheng Xiao over to Yibo. By the end of the meal, Mr. Yu told Mrs. Yu to discuss marriage arrangement with the Wangs, giving Cheng Xiao the happiest news she has received in a long time.

Love often starts as warm and comforting moments until you're swimming in only beautiful sceneries. For some, they get blind-sighted by these visions and drown themselves in their own imagination, forgetting the original pureness of their love. If left unattended, they'll continue to sink into the darkness without realizing how their actions are only driving them further away from their desire.