Wattpad Original
Mayroong 1 pang libreng parte

07/04

07/04: The Mother

"A few days ago, one social media influencer uploaded a video of a Rolls Royce Phantom car being burnt by a group of men in a private villa owned by El Paraiso's chairman, Erwin Faramo. It gains attention, but it worries some of the people because as we can see in the video clip, there's a figure of a person, to be specific—a kid—trying to escape from the burning car..."

Keaton's proxy paused the video and took a step away from me as I was about to walk an inch closer to him, expecting that I would push him into the pool when what I only have done was grab the robe on the bed behind him and wrap it around my body.

I shook my head unbelievably and started drying my hair with the towel. "Continue."

I took a seat on the bed and looked at him, but he was still as quiet as fuck while looking at me. I stood from my seat, only stood and had done nothing else, but he once again stepped back and immediately said, "Don't... kill me."

"Of course, I won't." I paused and then continued walking out of the private pool. "Did I ask for your name?" I questioned him, following right behind me. I looked over my shoulder to see him shake his head before we finally arrived in front of my unit.

"You're not worthy to die by my hands, so relax your little boner. Are you that nervous that it's growing bigger?" I then lowered my eyes on his pants before sneaking the phone from his grip.

"There's also a case of two missing boys reported four days ago, which the police presume is linked to the said happening. As of the moment, the police are investigating the case to know the possible motive. We are currently waiting for the legal side of chairman Erwin Faramo to release a statement regarding the incident."

I tossed over the phone at him after finishing the news and checking my phone on the side table, but there were no messages or calls from him. I have tried to call him, but he's out of reach. That piece of shit.

"So, as you were saying a while ago, you meant that Keaton possibly ran away for the reason that he failed his job?" I said, referring to the conversation we had twenty minutes ago when I was still in a damn good mood.

Why the fuck would he do that? In my enemy's territory? Once Erwin Faramo has heard that they were my grandfather's people, which I supposed he already knew by now, something bad might happen to either of them and that's good. I would be glad.

But my problem was Keaton, failing a damn easy task. What I asked him to do was way easier than fucking grilling a barbecue.

"But it's still not possible since Keaton never failed in anything that Mr. Parker asked him to do. There—"

"That's what you also thought about that Uncle Jojo, but what? He did fail, didn't he?" I interrupted when I spun to see him. "Tell that dickhead that I will kill him once I see him. He better not show his face to me. Now, get lost." He nodded and left me alone in my room.

I have taken a brief shower instead of ruining my day and put on my uniform since today's the start of the second semester. On my way to the lobby, I spotted men in black suits entering the hotel as if they were desperately looking for someone; some guards were trying to stop them.

I refrained from walking and turned my gaze to Enox coming from the elevator, being held by two men in both of his arms. The hotel guards and these men in black soon aimed their guns at each other, instilling fear in everyone. No one dared to move an inch from where they're located.

Even I was wondering what the fuck was happening, not until I saw my mother arriving on the scene with that sneaky smile creeping on her lips. I stepped back and buried myself in the crowd.