Keaton is half-Italian. That's why he has this murderous aura all over him, but he's just an ordinary criminal from my perspective.

"Miss, Mr. Mayor is looking for you. It has been thirty minutes."

I tossed over the bed the handgun I'd been scanning for a while, getting pissed with Keaton's proxy, who has been pestering my life.

Instead of wasting my time and saliva talking to him, I chose to sit on the bed, finally taking a sip from my tea before it got cold.

I looked over my shoulder and saw the guy in my peripheral vision standing still in the corner like he wouldn't leave unless I came with him.

"I told you over the phone that I won't come unless he shows himself to me, standing in that door." I plainly said and pointed out the fuckin' door. "Two days. He has been canceling our plan to have breakfast for two days just because he was busy. Who does he think I am?"

I placed the cup of tea on the table and reached over some of the boxes that I hadn't opened yet, containing guns and bullets, while some were knives. If things wouldn't go according to plan, these would be my last resort.

"He wants you to meet Zero Seven. It took him two days to ask for their presence as it is difficult to demand their time."

My eyes lit up after hearing his statement, now finally looking at him. I gestured for him to leave and informed them that I'd be there in 30 minutes.

I let the warm water cascade over my body. I thoroughly cleaned my skin to make sure no flaws could be seen. Right after, I jumped out of the shower to raid all the paper bags Mawi sent me; I had decided to wear a tight black dress to commemorate my death, no, the death of Detesika Lewisham.

I put on a pair of silvery heels and placed a gun into my handbag, heading my way to the banquet hall.

They were in the middle of a conversation when I entered the hall. Their laughter united with the orchestra, and their moods blended into the sumptuous and solidly comfortable ambiance. Their tone and manifestation screamed power and elegance from their branded clothes and sophisticated facades.

"Let kidding aside, what are your plans for the City of Barbara as the mayor? Shouldn't you eradicate the poor and attract influential and powerful to settle in our city to increase our wealth and value? Let the buildings grow taller. Let's fill the city with businesses and people, the richest city in the whole country," said a woman with her pitch-black medium-length hair whose back was facing against me.

"If that happens, everyone will be easy to manipulate. Soon, this country will all be yours. You know our families are backing you up," she added, allowing the waiter to fill up her glass.

"That's what I like about you, Vien. Very clever," Mayor complimented as he wiped the side of his lips with a napkin. "By the end of the month, my people will start demolishing the squatter's area as it is a huge flaw for the city's image. Two weeks should be enough to eliminate them, and we will soon build our city's first eco-park."

I halted briefly and peeked through my bag, only to make sure that I hadn't forgotten my so far favorite weapon since it was customized and covered with diamonds.

Though I still could remember placing it in, I loved how it shined brightly in my eyes.

As I was about to continue walking, the waiter suddenly bumped into me, causing some parts, especially in the lower area of my dress to get wet. But since it's black, it's not that obvious.

"Oh my gosh! I'm sorry, Miss! I'm really sorry!"

He immediately took a cloth out from his back pocket to wipe my dress, which I found useless, so I only watched him displaying stupidity in front of me and waited for him to finish without saying a word.