Bound In Ruins- Chapter 5

Beginne am Anfang

He walked back over to me and placed his hand in mine as he led us to walk towards what looked like was an overlook.

"Where are we?" I asked.

I had never really explored downtown Manhattan, let alone Brooklyn as my uncle had preferred me staying in the Upper East Side, so this was all new to me.

"You're telling me you're native here and you've never come to DUMBO?" He asked amused.

"No, never. I've heard of it, but had never made my way down here." I replied truthfully.

He let out a small laugh, "Well New York, I'm glad that this will be your first time then."

Me too. Especially with him.

Walking a few minutes out, I gasped at the view that appeared in front of me. We were in a grass field that overlooked the city completely and the Hudson River. The entire skyline was in front of me as well as the Brooklyn bridge. I must've squealed in excitement as Xander laughed at my reaction.

"This is unbelievable," I told him, squeezing his hand tightly.

"It is," he agreed.

Walking us over to an empty spot on the grass, he unfolded the blanket and set it on the floor and placed the basket on it. Sitting on it he opened his legs and patted the spot in front of him.

Sitting in front of him, he pulled my body back so that I was resting against his chest and his legs were around me.

I couldn't help but smile at the closeness.

Only he had this effect on me.

Not letting go, he rested his hands on my stomach and stared at the view in front of us.

"Xander?" I asked breaking the silence.

"Yeah?" He asked.

"What is it that made you want to do this tonight, or even all the other nights? Why do you spend time with me?" I asked curiously. Granted I wasn't that stupid, I knew he was interested in me but to what extent exactly? He was leaving soon, surely he wouldn't want to start something for him to just get up and go soon.

I felt his hold on my strengthen a bit, "You took me by surprise."

"How so?" I asked.

"How not?" He quickly stated.

"You're not just beautiful Soph, but you're a breath of fresh air. Unordinary." He whispered.

"When I first saw you last month, I had thought you were just as others. Trying too hard to be something that you're not, trying too much to be different, or just a girl who knew how beautiful she was and let it get to her head." He clarified.

"You weren't, you aren't. You don't even realize just how beautiful you truly are," he added.

I felt heat creep up to my cheeks.

"You amazed me with your long black hair but shit, I was a complete melt when I looked into your eyes. You have the strongest blue eyes I had ever seen. Put mine to damn shame." He chuckled.

"I like your eyes," I told him.

I liked you, too.

"I hope that's not all you fancy," He stated.

Laughing, I nodded my head slowly event though he couldn't see my face.

Laughing shyly, I spoke "You know that's not all."

About an hour later, we continued to talk about small things, making me realize we had a lot in common but were yet so different.

He had pulled out a small speaker from the basket and unlocked his phone. He was trying to put on a song I figured. After a minute, I heard the song All of The Stars by Ed Sheeran play softly.

"You do realize the meaning of this song, right?" I asked.

"Of course I do. But that's the beauty of it. But it's how you interpret the song. You seem that you view it as a sad one, am I wrong?" He asked.

"You're not wrong," I replied.

"I view it as the opposite. It's all about perception," He stated lifting me upward as he stood up.

I laughed at the sudden gesture, "What are you doing?" I asked.

Turning me around so that I was now facing him, he smiled and placed my arms around his neck as he placed his hands on my hips.

"I want to dance with you," He whispered softly.

Obliging, I placed my face on his shoulder, resting it as I swayed softly to the music.

I never wanted this moment to end.

"Bloody hell," he whispered breaking the silence.

"What?" I asked confused as I looked up at him.

"Did you not feel that?" He asked looking up at the sky.

Looking up as well, I felt droplets starting to fall.

One by one, they grew stronger. It was a summer rainstorm brewing for sure.

Looking at his face as the drops continued to fall, I saw him smiling.

Rather than leaving as a normal person would, we continued to sway and in a matter of minutes, the rain poured.

"We're insane!" I state laughing as he twirled me around in the rain.

"Would you have it any other way?!" He responded loud enough so I could hear as the rain poured around us.

Twirling me into him, I laughed at how crazy we were being.

"No, absolutely not." I whispered as our face were inches a part.

"This storm will pass in a matter of minutes. But I want to be able to remember this for moments onward," He stated cupping my cheek.

Looking at him through the falling raindrops, I raised an eyebrow confused.

He leaned into my lips and kissed me hard. I immediately kissed him back, finding his tongue with mine. Running my hands through his hair, I tugged on the band holding it in his bun and pulled on it, letting his hair fall. His hair hadn't been long at all, just long enough for it to be pulled back into the bun.

Caressing my fingers through his hair, I clung onto the back of his neck and deepened the kiss.

Hearing him groan, I bit on his lip which caused him to grip onto my cheeks harder as he tried deepening the kiss.

We continued for as long as the rain poured, only stopping to have notice that the rain had stopped minutes later. He had been right though, it would be a moment that I would forever look back on and hold near to my heart.