chapter eighteen

i woke up to the sound of vigorous typing. what the hell? what was schlatt doing?

i opened my eyes and looked up at him. he was in extreme focus looking at his laptop that he brought to bed. "good morning?" i asked questionably. "what're you up to?"

"i ammm..." he replied fairly slowly to me, "i am looking at cabins in nature. i was thinking we can rent one out for a bit."

i smiled and leaned on his shoulder to watch. "cheesy, but not unexpected from you, nature man."

he chuckled at the made-up nickname. "nature man? what the fuck? i am no groot."

"that's not groot's lines, schlatt."

"i will not please you with that unfunny line." i pouted but didn't retaliate back at him, only rolling onto my other side to go back to sleep. he nudged me. "hey, don't fall back asleep. if we want to get there before the check-in place is closed, we have to go soon."

i rolled back over but raised an eyebrow. "we're going today?"

"i mean, yeah. thought it would be fun." he shrugged his shoulders.

i yawned and sat up, combing through my hair with my fingers. "how will the cabins work?"

"running water inside, no heater or a/c. basically just a bedroom and restroom."

"cooking?"

"we can go out shopping and cook on a fire, eat at a restaurant, or at the dining hall."

i thought for a second. "wow, that sounds really interesting, actually."

he looked at me with narrowed eyes. "what, you didn't think it would be interesting? it's something different for once, not the city. it's basically my ideal date."

"it sure does sound romantic, i can tell you that." i stood up and started to grab my clothes for the day. "what time should we go?"

he checked the time and the time where the check-in office would close. "we should leave in like... 3 hours?" i nodded and tossed my clothes on the bed.

"well, you should go and take your shower! chop, chop!"

---

in the car, we were jamming out to the songs that i was picking with the windows fully down. it was warm in new york, so we couldn't miss the chance to be dramatic like the chicks in teen romance movies.

when we had gone to the place where you check-in, he turned down the volume and started to talk to the lady who would get us to enter. he got the ticket to put on his dash and went inside the park.

it was a forest with very big hills and hiking places, along with a really big lake and river. i admired the view with schlatt happily. i hummed along to the music before speaking. "it's really nice to see something different than buildings, ocean, and desert."

he nodded and looked back on the road. "really, though," he replied. "that's why i love getting away from new york." i sighed and put the volume up on the music a little more so i could comfortably sing along to it.

we soon enough got to the cabin and brought our stuff in. it was as schlatt had described it, it was only a bedroom with a restroom. the cabin was also pretty close to many hikes and the lake. i set down my luggage next to the wardrobe and laid down on the bed with schlatt doing the same next to me.

i snaked my arms around him. "kiss me," i simply said quietly.

he rolled his eyes. "needy bitch," he insulted me before giving me what i wanted. i smiled but shoved him a little.

"not needy," i replied before giving him another peck. "you just look into things too much."

"what can i say, i'm a businessman."

i laughed a little. "mr. business schlatt that plays videogames."

---

a/n: okay this is definitely my shortest chapter and it will be (hopefully) my ONLY short chapter. this is a filler to get things going to where i want it to go for my next chapters, and for some advertising (i'm so sorry).

right after i publish this chapter, i will be publishing my new story, baletki ! it's a jawsh x reader fanfiction (: there is 2 stories already done. (it's published now!)

thank you for your support! as i am making this, i have 11k reads. for my writing, i feel like i don't deserve it lmao. thank you!

- vizlore