"who's up for desert?" my dad asked through the awkward silence. Tony reluctantly raised his hand.

The drive home was quiet, I was content. My birthday dinner went as well as it could have. And I was grateful to see all the people I care about in one place.

I gazed out to the now dark forest that we had passed on the way here. It's always bothered me the way an environment can be so inviting, but the slightest change in lighting can change your perception.

Once we were home I kicked off my shoes and made my way to the stairs. "Hey! Hugs good night before you disappear in your room!" my mom hollered from the front door. I smiled and took both my parents into a tight embrace. "Thank you." I whispered to them.

I made my way up to my room, I was about to untie my dress when I heard a faint tapping at my window. I reluctantly took a few steps towards my sound. I peaked through the side of the curtain and scanned my front yard. When I saw the source of the noise I quickly pulled my curtain back and unlocked my window, abruptly sliding it open.

"What are you doing here?" I shouted in a hushed tone. I couldn't help but smile as I watched him and his big stature standing in the middle of my yard, staring up at me. A small smile made its way to his lips. This was the first time I've seen Deacon smile, something told me he didn't do it a lot. My heart was doing flips as he raised his hand and motioned for me to come down to him.

I didn't take the time to contemplate as I took off from the window and out of my room, slowly tip toeing down the stairs. Deacon had an intense pull on me. He excited me, and also scared me. I knew deep down something weird was going on between us. But all I knew is that I enjoyed being close to him.

I quietly slipped out of the front door, shutting it softly behind me. I looked up and saw Deacon slowly making his way towards me. He was wearing a thin sweatshirt and jeans, I was relieved that I was still slightly dressed up from dinner.

I stepped off the porch so I could stand before him, not realizing I was barefoot until the damp grass assaulted me with goosebumps. "You're cold." Deacon spoke, pulling his sweater from his broad body. I watched as his swift movement caused his undershirt to ride up, exposing his lower abdomen. That was when the knot started forming in my stomach.

Before I could stop Deacon, he stepped forward and pulled his large sweater over my head. I obliged his action and pulled my arms through the sleeves. I chuckled as I realized how huge his sweater was on me.

Deacon grabbed my arm and pulled me closer to him, rolling up the sleeves and adjusting the hood. I involuntarily closed my eyes as my breath hitched from his close proximity. His scent filled the air around me, and his large hands grazed my neck as he adjusted my hood. My insides were burning, I pressed my thighs together realizing his actions were indeed causing some arousal in me. I was always such a mess around him.

I kept my eyes closed as I felt Deacon step closer to me; the warmth radiating off his chest. I opened my eyes to see him leaning down to me. I stood still as he put his nose in the crook of my neck and inhaled deeply.

"Your amorous scent is intoxicating." he whispered, letting his stubble graze my neck. My eyes widened at his comment. How could he smell me like that? How could he know? Why was he being so forward today? My mind was fogged with emotion as I didn't know how to respond to him.

Deacon took a small step away, allowing me to finally breathe. We stared at each other for a moment before Deacon broke the silence. "I came by to give you your present." he stated, digging in his pocket and pulling out a small key fob. I shivered from his touch as he put the small device in my hands.