THIRTY FIVE - LIKE FATHER LIKE SON

Start from the beginning

Armani knew that the past few months were hard for Marley, hard being an understatement. Countless nights she held her best friend while she cried over her brother's actions. It was safe to say that things would never be the same when it came to the group.

"Breathing, I guess" Marley shrugged, "So, what was the big thing that we had to talk about?"

"Alright so as you know, spring break is coming up. Soooo we were thinking of us all going on vacation." Azure announced.

Marley raised her brow, "All as in?"

"Us, plus the guys. Now of course with the separation between you and Ron we took that into account. He decided to sit out so you can be comfortable."

"So basically a couple's trip, and I'm supposed to what...watch you all in love? No thanks, I'll sit out too."

"Awww c'mon Ley, it will not be like that. It's just..a getaway. We will barely be with the guys, I promise." Armani begged, "You know I cannot go to an island without you. We've been everywhere together - Cabo, Puerto Rico, Jamaica..."

"Alright, alright. I get it." Marley flagged her, "I'll think about it, how about that?"

Armani smiled, "That's good enough. Now -"

Interrupting her, the waitress returned with their round of drinks, "And your food will be right out."

"Before you go, can I get a frozen margarita...virgin." Marley twisted her mouth, "And I'll have the BLT special."

The woman jotted down the order, next turning away once more.

"Marley don't worry boo, bout time we go I'll be single too so. Cheers to that." Justin raised his glass.

The group of women gasped.

"Are you kidding me!?" Azure shot back, "I love Rome, what's going on now?"

"It's not Rome, it's Dion. He's been stalking me like crazy, calling me from different numbers, showing up to the shop when I close. It's a lot. Rome was chilling at first, now he's become irritated."

"Are you serious? He has some nerve." Armani shook her head.

As the group talked amongst themselves, Marley's head was in her phone as she texted away. She let out a laugh, causing her friends to turn their attention on her.

Justin cleared his throat and she quickly popped her head up.

"Are you blushing?" He asked with a raised brow.

"No," Marley said, pushing her hair behind her ear. "It was just a — Armani really?" She kissed her teeth as Armani snatched her phone away.

"Mhhmm, Luca Huh?" Armani rolled her eyes and handed the phone back.

"Girl how are you pregnant and thottin." Justin slit his eyes playfully.

"I'm not thottin" Marley cleared the air, "He's my friend, and just someone to talk to while all of this is going on. He's a good listener."

"Code for he got a big dick." Justin snickered.

Marley scoffed, "You tried it, we are not having sex. I'm pregnant, did you forget that?"

"Still Marley...it is a little risky to be getting close to a man while you're carrying Ron's baby." Armani frowned, "He told me about you letting the kids pick them up, do you really think that's cool? What if he had another woman picking them up?"

"You mean like the woman he fucked?" She shot back, "Ron doesn't get a say in anything that I do for now on. He lost that privilege."

The table went silent, as no one wanted to argue with an already vexed and hormonal Marley.