Chapter 24

Elenor's PoV:

We have been training days now, so we decided to take a day off. We agreed that the pack needed a break, and we also needed to introduce Jane as the female third in commend officially. I'm currently in the kitchen, helping prepare the food. The girls took Jane shopping to distract her because she was nervous about formally meeting the pack. Mara is with me helping me decorate some cupcakes, and by helping, I mean she is eating the icing every time she thinks I'm not looking.

"Mara stop eating the icing; your stomach is going to hurt later," I tell her. Her little but gives me the most innocent face she could manage.

"How much longer till we can eat them?" Mara asks me, as I see her reach for a cupcake. I shake my head at her and give them to one of the cooks to put up.

I grab her, and we head to the house to get changed into our outfits. When we arrive, I see that the girls are back and are unloading the car. By the looks of it, they bought a whole new closet worth of clothes.

"Did you buy the whole mall," I ask them as we go inside the house.

"I think we did," Jane tells me, looking exhausted. One of the many reasons I don't like shopping with Jem. She always says that we will only go to one store but end up going to all of them. She says that one store won't have everything she needs, so it's best to shop at all of them to see which is better. I call BS. She is just a shopaholic.

"No, we didn't. We just found a lot of amazing outfits," The queen of shopaholics states. She, on the other hand, doesn't look exhausted at all. She looks like she could still run a marathon.

" Now we know why you didn't want to go with us. Next time give us a heads up, please. We went to stores I didn't even know we had in that mall, and my feet fell like they're going to fall off," Ash tells me as she rubs her feet. I laugh at them and tell them it was time to get ready because we only have two hours till the ceremony started.

After about an hour later, we were all ready; it took Ash, Jem, Jane, and the twins to get Mara into her dress. That little girl hates wearing dresses because this room looks like a hurricane attacked it. I just sat back and watched as they tried to put the dress on her; it was hilarious. At one point, Mara was running around in only her underwear, screaming like someone was killing her. The boys came to check if we were okay, but as soon as they saw what was going on, they walked out of the room. Cowards.

"I don't get why I have to wear this," Mara grumbles as we arrive at the packhouse. The girls all glared at her. I swear that little girl doesn't act her age.

As we walk into the tent that has been set up with tables, pack members walk past us greeting us. This is the first time in a while that they have been able to relax and not worry about the upcoming war. They have all been working so hard to prepare; they deserve to enjoy a day of celebration. We see everyone make their way to the tent, so we head to the stage.

"Welcome everyone today we are here to celebrate the packs female third in command joining the pack. We also wanted to thank all of you for all the hard work you have been doing lately. We understand that hard times are coming for the pack, but with all the hard work you have been putting in, I have no doubt we will win this war. Today is a day to celebrate and relax, so to begin with the ceremony," Alex says as he reaches his hand out for Jane.

The look on our face tells us she is scared, which I don't blame her. She might know the pack, but she is about to cut ties with her old pack, and that isn't easy for most wolfs. We all giver a reassuring nod, and Rodney squeezes her hand. She walks to the front grabbing Alex's hand. They do the same thing that Jem and I had to do and cut the palm of their hands before joining them above the bowl.

"Do you Jane Macaren promise to protect and aid this pack as the female third in command till you no longer can?" Alex asks her.

"Yes, I promise to protect and aid this pack till I no longer can," Jane states.

"And do you promise to help your Luna and female beta with her duties when they can't and are not here?" Alex continues to ask her.

"Yes, I do," Jane answers, and they let go of each other's hand.

"Everyone I give you our female third in command Jane," Alex says as the pack cheers and claps. We all feel as the pack link with her forms, and by the look on her face, she does too.

After the ceremony is finished, the pack members that were assigned to work the event start putting the food out for everyone. Everyone seems to be enjoying the food, and you can see all of the kids running around playing. I look at Jem, and she has the same look on her face.

"This is our family," I mindlink her with a smile on my face.

"Yea, we did it; we found our mates and a family. We have to make sure they don't take them away from us because I can't lose another family," She tells me.

"Don't worry; we won't lose anyone else, not if I can stop it," I reassure her. I will not lose one more person I love. I will rather die than lose them. I know that that is selfish, but I would rather get hurt than have someone else hurt for me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you enjoyed

05/02/20