Chapter 17

Elenor's PoV:

"Wake up, sleepyhead," I heard a voice say in my ear. I open my eyes to see Alex hovering over me, trying to wake me up. 

"I'm up. I'm up," I tell him. "Let me go shower, and then we can go down for breakfast," I say to him while getting up to go to the bathroom. 

"Okay," He says as I'm closing the bathroom door. 

I do everything I need to do and then head down for breakfast with Alex. When we get to the kitchen, everyone is already sitting down waiting for us. The only problem is that they all had smirks on their faces except Jem. We sit down, and what Rodney says next has my jaw dropping to the ground. 

"We would ask how you guys slept, but we could all hear it last night, so we already know the answer to that question," he says, smirking. Everyone just laughs at my reaction, and what makes me a little mad is that Alex is laughing along with them. 

"Whatever," I say," Jem, what time do we have to leave?" 

"In an hour," she tells me, " But Uhm" She says but stops and looks at everyone else, not sure if she could talk about what we had to do. I nod at her, signaling that it is okay. 

"Well, are you sure you want to do this. If they find out we did this, they will be able to find us and won't stop till they get ahold of us." She says, which causes everyone to become worried, mainly because they don't know what we are talking about. 

"Jem you can stay if you want, I can do this on my own. If they do figure it out, then we will fight them even if it means I have to do IT to protect the ones I love." I say, getting up and going to mine and Alex's room to change into a different, more appropriate outfit. 

I know all of them want to know what is going on, but it is best if they don't know. I even have to block Alex out to make sure he doesn't find out. If he finds out, he won't let me out of this house. After I'm done changing, I go downstairs to see everyone waiting for me there. I look at Jem, and for a minute, I think she has told them, but she knows better. 

"I will be back later. Are you coming with or going to stay and train the girls?" I ask Jem, knowing that she wants to go but is scared. 

"I..... I can't, I'm sorry but I can't. I don't want to go back there... I don't want us to go back there; it only causes us pain. It always only causes us pain, and I don't think I can take the pain again; it's too much... I'm sorry," She says with tears coming down her face. I go up to her and hug her while she cries on my shoulder. 

"It's okay I can do this on my own. You stay here and wait for the new girl and train the twins and Ash." I tell her and hand her off to Josh. 

I go to Alex and hug him while telling him that I will be right back just need to take care of somethings. I get my keys and leave to where I'm going. 

2 hours Later

I'm finally here where all this started the place in which my life changed and was destroyed. It looks like a tornado went through here; the houses were damaged, and it was abandoned. It was a ghost town. It was MY ghost town. The one that used to have little kids running around, people training, or just sitting around watching the kids play. The place I used to call Home. The place I got and lost everything I ever loved. I walk around seeing how everything looked more worn out than last year and the years before that. 

"I was wondering when you would show up," I heard the voice say, " You miss all this, don't you. You feel guilty about moving on with your life and being happy. You feel guilty because none of them were able to do that because they died for you. Even the children died for you. No, let me rephrase that they died because of you. That is why you keep coming back even though you were just an innocent in the situation. It's time you move on to my child because this pain is not good for you, and it is a pain that your enemies will use against you. Come let's go I have to give and show you something."