Fever Love- Kuai Liang

I knooww it's another ill!reader but I'm ill so I'm resonating the energy. Enjoy!

There's a lot to be said when you're ill. There's a lot that goes through ones mind. The first thought immediately addresses how crap you're feeling. Urgh. The sensation of filth oozing out of every pour. The pressure against your skull like a steel helmet getting tighter and tighter. The queasy feeling in your gut that you try so hard to squash down. The disgusting taste and texture in your mouth coupled with hunger. Yep. All of these feelings smash against your consciousness when you wake up and gladly present themselves to you like a goodie bag. Sadly, for me, I got all these combined.

The next thought is how the heck am I supposed to get out of bed? My limbs ache and shake without permission and my legs feel too heavy to move. This time I'm lucky. Someone in the Lin Kuei will realise I'm not around and will come to find me here, bedridden. Thus, my third thought: once I am found, will my catastrophic fate be believed in? The location of the Lin Kuei was high up in the mountains, where the weather was freezing; illnesses were not taken lightly and an alarming amount of students ready to be tested on their fighting were feigning sick.

This caused new measures to be made by our Grandmaster Kuai Liang, which makes my word a little hard to swallow. Thankfully, I'm second in command and Kuai's best friend, although he wouldn't admit it, me and Smoke argue about it almost religiously.

My second thought came true, as I hear a gentle knock on my door.

"Come in." I croak. My voice was gravelly and grated. The door opens and the youthful face of one of my students peaks her head through.

"Y/n, Grandmaster is wondering where you have been?" She asks shyly. I smile gratefully.

"Ah yes, I'm glad you're here. Can you report back and tell him I'm ill and in need of medicine please?" My grating voice fades in and out. I was losing my voice.

"Of course. Get better soon." She retreats and shuts the door gently.

After a short while, my door opens and in walks an impressive man carrying a tray holding a steaming bowl, a glass of water and medicine. His stunning ice blue eyes studied my pale complexion and gleamed with concern.

"Have you ever heard of knocking?" I tease our Grandmaster, Kuai Liang.

"I didn't want to disturb you if you were sleeping." His deep voice responds, soothing me as he sets the tray down on my bedside table.

"Ever the gentleman." I comment. "No interrogation? What if I'm faking my illness?" Kuai leans me forward and adjusts my pillows and moves me against them so that I sat up straight. I didn't have to move a muscle he was so strong, and as he moved me he showed little effort.

"I know you Y/n." My name rolled off his tongue like melted butter, "The day you skive is the day you see me bend fire." He smirks with a knowing gaze.

"Ew. I can't imagine you using fire." I shudder at the idea, which wasn't all that noticeable as I started shivering uncontrollably.

Concerned at my shivering, Kuai felt my temperature on my forehead with the back of his hand. His cool skin felt a blessing on my face but, the rest of my body seemed to disagree as I raked and shake even more. With a frown, Kuai picked up the tray.

"You're running a fever. Eat. Settle your stomach then I'll give you your medicine." He placed the tray on my lap and I began to eat the soup he brought. In the meantime, Kuai sat on the edge of my bed and kept me company.

As I ate I could feel his pressing intense stare; I felt like I was under spotlight.

Bashful, I raised my e/c eyes to meet his icy blue. His intensity never wavered, as if I would succumb to the fever if he turned away.

I swallowed my last mouthful. "What?" I asked.

I let him mull his thoughts over as our staring continued. At last, he responded.

"You look good... pale." Kuai confessed albeit dumbly. I snorted, despite his seriousness and a red tinge painted his cheeks.

"I had no idea I rocked the sickly look." I teased with a smile. Kuai rolled his eyes exasperated at my antics and took my tray away.

"That is the last time I compliment you." He muttered while preparing my medicine.

"Alright, that was mean of me. I'm sorry, but please, don't stop. I did appreciate it, Kuai." He didn't respond.

"Kuai?" I rested my hand on his and he stopped moving. With a finger, I tilted his chin up so his eyes met mine.

"Thank you for that compliment." I quietly whispered. My gaze locked onto his. Kuai was beautiful. He held so much trust and compassion and goodness in his heart, I was foolish to think once upon a time that I would never fall for him. In that moment I was daring.

"Ya know, if I wasn't so ill, I would kiss you as a thanks." My words weighed heavily with every repressed desire for him.

Like a whirlpool, his ice blue eyes darkened into water and the hand that rested on his was now held in his cool and gentle vice.

"If you kissed me, I would never let you kiss another man." His deep lulling voice reverberated through me. This time it wasn't the fever that made me shiver.

"Then I better get well soon." I responded with a new type of care and a buzzing nervousness of what is to come of Kuai and I.

With what conspired between me and Kuai, I don't resent my illness as much as I should've.

That was fun to write. How are you guys liking it so far? And who do you like best, Scorpion or Sub-Zero? See you guys next time!