Mission Avoiding Heartache: Failed

"Well how about we don't have a relationship at all then!"

Those words keep ringing in adriens head like it would be the last thing he ever heard.

"Fine!" Adrien stomped up the stairs as they both heard a door slam.

"alya stop the camera." Marinette growled.

"What why?-"

"Just turn off the damn camera!" Marinette covered the camera and turned it off.

𝗟𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗱𝗮𝘆
"482K views already." Marinette groaned throwing her head into a pillow.

"The people in the comments are really nice at least." Tikki sat on marinettes computer mouse as she continued to look at alya's youtube video.

"Alright so here are some comments: 'Is this set up? because if not i'll be so sad!' 'This isn't just for clout right? because i feel like you wouldn't lie about this' 'Adrienette is over D: Nooo i shipped it sm :( ' 'I hope they both feel better! Poor bbys 🥺'" Tikki read aloud

"People don't believe anything these days." Marinette sat back up as she looked at her phone.

"Well at least it's definite i'm going to Lerkins in new york right? I'm super excited! And nervous..But all that matters is my happy feelings." Marinette hid her frown with a cover up smile.

"Marinette it's clear that you aren't happy one bit right now..You know that you can cry right?" Tikki flew over to marinette and sat on her shoulder.

"No i'm ok." Marinette jumped off of the basement's couch and stood up.

"Well i should get my bag..We are leaving in on 45 minutes." Marinette carefully placed tikki in her pocket.

Marinette ran up the stairs and grabbed her suitcase off the wall she placed it on earlier and got prepared for another one of alya's  "Emergency living room meeting" sessions.

Everyone gathered into the living room as alya dimmed the lights.

"Why hello people i thought i knew. Or should i say..POSSIBLE SUSPECTS OF BEING LADYBUG!" Alya walked down the stairs very slowly.

"Alya what are you talking about?" Marinette sat down next to alix on the couch.

"I'm talking about..THIS!" Alya held up a diary with no name on it in front of them.

"This diary has every little detail of ONE person here's lives. But not just any person..LADYBUG HERSELF IS SOMEWHERE IN THIS ROOM RIGHT NOW AND I NEED ANSWERS!" Alya slammed the diary on the coffee table in front of them all.

Everyone gasped and flipped through every page one by one reading each passage carefully.

Marinette started to have a mental panic as she slowly ducked down and snuck away from them all and through the front door.

Marinette sighed as she sat on the doorsteps. She took out her phone and called an uber to come pick her up, since adrien was supposed to drive her back.

She soon heard the door creek and quickly turned around to see her now ex-boyfriend standing before her eyes.

She immediately turned her head back.

"Look adrien i don't want tension between us, i wanna be friends. And just because we broke up doesn't mean i don't want you to be in my life." Marinette folded her hands in her lap as adrien sat next to her.

"That means a lot to me marinette, thank you." Adrien let off a soft smile.

Then the awkward silence hit.

"So uh..About the ladybug drama in there. Who do you think ladybug is?" Adrien leaned his head on one of his hands and looked at her.

"O-Oh uh..It could be really anyone. Or it could be one of alya's fantasies again." Marinette rubbed the back of her neck.

"I should say bye to everyone before my uber gets here..I'll be back out to say bye to you." Marinette rose up and quickly ran back into the house.

She went around one by one giving each person a hug and thanking them for everything they've every done for her.

Alya quickly squished marinette into a hug.

"I can't wait to see you in new york..Text me the dets about when you arrive so we can meet up! Or else i will eat your soul." Alya had a nervous vibe in her voice as marinette patted her on the back.

"Ok alya. I love you and i'll see you all hopefully soon." Marinette smiled at them all as she walked out of the door.

Now all that was left was her goodbyes to adrien.

Right as she got out of the house the uber pulled up.

"Well i guess this is goodbye huh?" Adrien stood up and stared back at her from the doorsteps.

"I guess you are right." Marinette wanted to hug adrien but she just didn't have that type of energy at that point.

Marinette began to tug her suitcase to the uber before adrien grabbed her wrist.

"Call me if you ever need anything or someone to talk to, Ok?" Adrien had tears in his eyes as marinette grinned at him and nodded.

Marinette took her suitcase into the cab and shut the door behind her.

She looked out the window at the mansion, at him, then the memories flowed into her mind. One step down, Only about 120 more to go.