11

TRAIN HIM?! ARE YOU JOKING! I mentally yell to my wolf. She could always handle me at my worst.

"So what do you say, Rhi?"

I looked between Wes and Rhett, puppy dog eyes obviously ran in the family. Why did they look so cute sitting on the couch together? My heart melted just a tad because for once I had a little family of my own. I wanted things to be more like this so bad, maybe he'd leave her for me? Maybe.

"Okay fine, you do have to start learning how to protect yourself. You're practically an old man now"
"Mommmaa stopp I'm only 5"

Rhett and I laughed in unison at our son, I'm happy that Wes finally has someone. A father figure. Easton is amazing but he's his uncle, he can't be with him all the tine. Maybe this is how things change, with Rhett stepping up to be apart of Weston's life, our life.

"Dinners ready" mom shouted from the kitchen, slowly walking towards the dining table holding the pan of fresh cheesy chicken pasta.

"Smells amazing Mrs. Miller, truly mouthwatering."
"Please, call me Kathy, you've known me for too long to call me Mrs. Miller. It feels like yesterday when you and Rhiannon were dating. You'd come over here all the time-"
"Okay mom thanks for that...let's talk about something else, like maybe what you're going to name your baby, Maizy?"

Maizy looked at me before shoving a bite of the chicken pasta into her mouth. A slight smile appeared on her lips as she looked towards my brother.

"We actually have come up with some names already. I think y'all will really like them." Maizy said as she grasped Easton's' hand in her own.

"If it's a boy, we're thinking Asher James Miller, after my Dad. I thought it would be suiting to carry on his name." Said Maizy proudly.

"And if it's a girl?" I ask
Easton looks at me and smiles "If it's a girl, we are going to name her Carey Rhiannon Miller"

My smile couldn't have been bigger. It meant the world to me that they'd name their first born child after me.

"You'd really name her after me?"
"Yes. We both love you so much and it would be an honor to have our future child named after someone so strong and kind-hearted."

I got up and hugged both of them, it meant the world to me that they'd do something like that.

Dinner was really nice actually. We all told stories from when we were younger, before we all went our separate ways. It was a nice way to retouch with the past when things were simpler.

As everyone finished up I offered to do dishes and grabbed everyone's plates before they went into the family room to watch a movie.

Doing the dishes was always so soothing to me, helped me concentrate and think about things that were bother me. Something as simple as doing the dishes was a sort of gross therapy.

"Need any help in here?"

I turn around while rinsing off a plate and putting into the dishwasher. Rhett is standing behind me with a couple of glasses in his hand.

I reach forward and grab them with my soap hands.

"Thanks"
"No problem"

He stood there for a minute without saying anything else. He just stood there and watched me rinse off some plates and the glasses he gave me.

"All that talk about how things used to be really has me thinking a lot now"

Without turning around and making it seem like I was very into what he was saying I asked "what do you mean?"

"We were so happy, Rhiannon. We never had one fight in the years we were dating. Even before then when we barely knew each other but were still kinda friends, we always got along. We were just so good together."

I smiled as I looked down at the plate I've been rinsing for the past couple minutes. I think it's clean now.

"Yeah. We were great together, Rhett, but things changed. We changed as people. We both went our separate ways and things just changed like they do for everyone."
"Maybe if I searched harder for you. Maybe if I called you back or my dad didn't make me throw away your letters before reading them-

I spun around to face him.

"Your dad...he made you throw away the letters I sent?"

He looked sad and nervous but he slowly nodded his head. He obviously was ashamed of what his dad made him do.

"If I would have just opened one without him knowing...if I didn't have to follow every single rule he gave me, maybe we would be together. We would be a family, I would have been able to be apart of my sons life. Instead I'm living a lie. I am married to a woman I will never love as much as I still love you."

My heart sunk and I felt dizzy. This was a lot to process. After all these years he got my letters, he got the calls, he got everything but he couldn't control any of it. His father was controlling him because he thought he needed to find his mate. He was right, he did need to find his mate but he didn't even know that I was it. After all this time of not getting any response or answers to anything, I finally have something. Rhett never purposely ignored me. He was forced to.

"Why didn't you tell me earlier? All this time I've been blaming you. I was so angry at you and none of it was your fault."
"I could have done something. Maybe if I did, we'd be together right now"

I walked towards him, my hands still slightly wet from the hot sink water.

"You can't blame yourself for that, Rhett."

My hands traveled up to both sides of his neck and I slowly ran my fingers through his curly hair. The tingles and shocks going through my body felt so amazing, like magic. Rhett leaned just head into my more, obviously feeling the same feelings I am.

"Goddess I've missed you Rhi"
"I've missed you too, Rhett, more than you will ever know."
"I was being serious earlier too. I said I will never love scarlet the way I love you."
"What am I supposed to say to that Rhett?" I whispered, begging for an answer but I knew he couldn't give me one.

"I don't know rhi, I just wish things were simpler. All of this is so complicated."

I removed my hands from his curly locks and backed up a few steps.

"I'm sorry, Alpha, I shouldn't have done that."
"Rhi come on, don't call me alpha."
"It's the proper thing to do."
"When have you ever cared about the proper thing to do, as I recall, when we were in High school and went to Garrett's first house party you took off your-
"Okay! That's enough, you don't have to go on."

He laughed slightly and nodded.

"Sorry I shouldn't have said anything."
"We can't keep doing this, Rhett. I want you to be apart of your sons life..our sons life. I just don't know what I would do to you if you ever did anything to hurt him."
"I would never hurt him"
"Not Intentionally. With your mom and dad still around, who knows what would happen if they figured out that I'm your true mate and you have a son."
"I can handle my parents"
"Are you sure about that?"
"Yes, I'm sure. I'm alpha, they can't walk over me anymore like they did when I was in training"
"You say that now. Just promise me you will keep him safe and looked after all the time. That's my favorite person in the whole world and I wouldn't survive without him here"
"Rhiannon, I am going to protect our son with my life. Training is scary but he was born for this. I promise"

I nodded my head and gave a fake smile, still concerned about the possible repercussions if someone found out that Weston was Rhett's son.

"So I'm thinking you just bring him to work with you Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and then I'll take him off your hands to go train."
"Okay, that can be doable."

Rhett's face lit up with a big smile plastered on his face "alright cool, it's a plan then"
"Guess so"