7

"So are you sure it's okay to be here, Rhi?" Maizy whispered, sounding extremely nervous. She was never one to break the rules or step out of line in any way.

"Maizy, I promise you, it's okay. I'm the pack doctor so I have full access all the time"

She nodded her head and we made our way to the examination room.

I flicked the light switch on and Maizy stood in the center of the room as I grabbed a cup from underneath the sink.

I handed her that small plastic cup with the antibacterial wipe "Here, pee in this"

She grabbed the cup from me and did her business in the bathroom, coming back and setting the cup on the counter.

"Okay so this is only gonna take a few minutes"
"Alright, I just want to get this over with. I need to know."
"Oh trust me, I get it. Remember waiting in the bathroom with me, just staring at those pregnancy tests?"
"Goddess, How could I forget? You were a nervous wreck."

I laughed, remembering how scared I was when I looked at the 3 positive pregnancy tests that sat on the bathroom counter. I didn't think I was ready, I thought I was going to be a horrible mom because I was going to be on my own.

"I remember you telling me that everything was going to be okay," I spoke to Maizy, holding her hand "you just looked at me and told me to take a deep breath. You said that if anyone could do this, I could. I couldn't tell you how much that meant to me when you said that"
"Well it's all true, Rhi. You're so strong and I knew that you'd be fine on your own. The proof is in your son, he is beautiful and kind and so smart. I hope to raise my pup as well as your raising Weston."
"Trust me, you'll get the chance. You are just as caring, if not more, than I am."

I reached over and looked at the test. It was positive.

"And now, you're going to be able to prove just how great of a mom I know you can be" I said.

Her while grew wide and she let out squeal.

"So it's positive?"
"Yes."
"I'm gonna be a mom." She stated proudly.
"Yes, and my goofy brother is gonna be a dad. Y'all are going to be great parents Maizy, I just know it"

Just as we reached in for a hug, i felt that overwhelming pain once again. This time it was much, much worse than before. I knew they had to be mating. It made me sick to my stomach thinking about it.

How could he know he has a mate and still have sex with the woman he married? Since he didn't reject me, he should know that I would feel everything he did. He should know how much pain I'm in. Obviously he doesn't care.

I let out a growl and a cry at the same time, my body was burning up from the inside out. My ears started ringing and my eyes were getting blurry with tears from the pain.

"Rhiannon, look at me. What's going on?"
"He's mating with her right now" I whined, a tear slipping from my eye.

It quickly went away and my knees buckled beneath me. I hated feeling weak and vulnerable like this.

All of a sudden, two rather large hands were under my arms, lifting me up so I could get to my feet.

"Rhiannon, what's wrong? Why are you here?"

I looked at my mate. Rhett. In disgust.

"I needed to help my friend." I said, shrugging his hands off of me.
"Hey Maizy, long time no see, how have you been?"
"Well, just found out I'm preggo so there's that."
"Oh my goddess, congratulations"
"Thanks"

"So Rhiannon, why were you on the floor? I heard you screaming." Rhett looked back over to me.
"Don't act like you don't know." I spat.
"What do you mean?"
"You're kidding right?" I laughed, trying to keep my composure.
"I'm lost"
"Let me spell it out for you. Every time you kiss or touch or mate with your wife, I feel everything." I hissed.

His eyes grew big and his mouth gaped open like a fish out of water.

"Rhiannon, I had no idea."
"Please, I know that you knew. Everyone knows this. It's common knowledge and for some reason you are hurting me on purpose"
"Why would I do that?"
"I don't know, why would you marry another woman when I'm your mate. When we have a beautiful son together?!" I cried out.
"Rhi-"
"Don't Rhi me. What's gonna happen when she gets pregnant, huh? Will that child be the alpha? Our son is the rightful alpha and you know that. You haven't even came by to see him after the first introduction. I knew you changed but I didn't know how much until now. The person who is standing in front of me right now is unrecognizable."

I grabbed Maizy's arm and started rushing out of the door.

"Rhiannon, Wait!"

"Rhiannon, Wait for him. He's our mate"

I ignored my wolf. I didn't want to hear her right now.

"I don't want you near me."

I stopped dead in my tracks and turned around, coming face to face with him. His eyes looked sad and drained but at this moment I didn't care. He obviously didn't care about me at all.

"That's why I'm going to do this."

I took a deep breath and Rhett looked more confused than ever.

"I, Rhiannon Miller, pack doctor of Blue Moon Pack, rejec-
"NO!" Rhett roared, causing me to freeze dead in my tracks.

"Rhett, let me finish!" I demanded
"No! I will not allow you to reject me!"
"I need to, I can't have this constant pain with me every day. I can't stand the thought of you with her. My son needs a father, he needs someone to show him how a real alpha is supposed to act...not you"

I turned on my heels and continued walking out of the pack house while Rhett was yelling my name telling me to stop. I didn't listen. I didn't care at all. This man was not the man I fell in love with.

Before I opened my car door I turned around to look at him.

"If you want to be apart of my sons life, and my life, you need to figure out what you want. Do you want your true mate and Luna or do you want a woman who is pretending to be those things?" I opened my car door and before shutting it I heard him yell.

"It's not that simple!"
"Everything is that simple, Rhett, you're just making it more difficult than it has to be"

And with that, I slammed my door and drove back home. My face was still wet with tears but somehow I felt more empowered. I felt stronger than before, like I was taking control of my life. I was doing all of it to protect my son. It's all for him.

"Sorry you had to see all of that, M"
"It's okay, I can't believe how dramatic all that was. It was like watching keeping up with the kardashians or the real housewives, only way better"

We both laughed and I turned up the radio, I didn't want to think about anything else but the good news of being an aunt.