Chapter 10

FIVE SAT ON his bed, holding his love, Delores. Memories of him in the middle of the apocalypse came flooding back into his mind.

At this point, he felt isolated. Even though his family was there to help. He thought their help was no use at all.

They'd still be dead.

Suddenly, he heard a knock. He looked up to see Y/N by the door frame. "A penny for your thoughts?" She asked.

He sighed, "Everything is just not going according to plan. The world is about to end, and I still don't know how am I going to stop it. Not to mention, those two goons appeared, which makes everything worse." 

"Well, it's easier said than done. But why are they chasing after you, anyways?" The girl questioned. She entered his room and sat beside the doll.

"I used to work with them when I was stuck in the future as an assassin; I had to kill people in whatever time they assigned me to." He explained and continued, "It was the only way I can survive then and to get back to you guys. I'm guessing my former employer found out what I'm up to. Now Hazel and Cha-cha are here to find me." He paused and looked at the girl, "And they might be after you, too."

"Why?" The H/C haired girl asked. She was utterly confused. Five shrugged, "I don't know. But they want you, too."

The girl sighed. Looks like I'm a fugitive again.

"Well, I must say, they have the most ridiculous names ever." She commented, trying to lighten up the mood. Which it did. Five chuckled silently with her.

Y/N's face became serious again, "But let me ask you this, when you were stuck back there in the middle of the apocalypse, were you there before you even got yourself there?"

"No." Five answered.

"Exactly." The boy frowned and gave Y/N a confused look. The girl continued, "Right now, you have some people that can help you do what you have to do. You don't always have to do anything on your own. You have us." She paused and placed her hand on his back, "You have me."

With that, the girl stood up and walked towards the door, she gave one last glance at Five and smiled, "Remember, when you need my help, just call my name, and I'll be there. Tomorrow's another day, I know you're going back to Meritech because I can constantly read your mind unknowingly, so I'm going with you tomorrow. Goodnight."

When Y/N left, Five had this new determination surrounding him. What she said got him motivated a little. He wondered why she didn't end up being a motivational speaker.

****

The next morning, Five was sitting on a chair in his room, tightening the last stitch on his open wound on his shoulder. He cut the thread and grabbed a kiddie-designed bandaid to put it on the wound.

After that, he dressed himself up into a new set of uniform. He put Delores on the bag along with a bottle of vodka. "Ready to go?" He heard Y/N by the doorway. She was back to wearing her own uniform.

"What happened to the clothes you took last night?" Five questioned as he put the straps on his shoulders.

The girl sighed, "They were dirty. Hence, I have no choice but to wear this crap again."

The boy hummed and opened his window. Y/N took it as a gesture that he'll be exiting over there. The girl would have gotten out there as well because it was quicker, but her ankle was still recovering. "Alright see ya later."

As the boy got himself out through the window, he saw Klaus was in the dumpster, digging through the pile of trash, looking for something. "Damn it, where's Dad's stuff?" He exclaimed as he threw some bags filled with trash out of the dumpster.