Chapter 7

THE E/C EYED girl thought it was best to bring her pager with her as she has to be alert when the station paged her. If she missed one call from them, then it's bye-bye career for her.

She drove away with her motorbike on the loose. Thankfully, the whole town was quiet and there were no traffic enforcers around.

When she got to Griddy's, she saw Five sitting on a stool, waiting for the waitress to come. Another man in his 40s showed up. The both of them, the girl and the guy, approached the counter and sat down on the stools.

Y/N sat down a seat apart from the boy quietly. Five glanced up at her who was minding her own business. He wondered why they weren't even engaging a conversation. They know each other, but with this kind of silence, they just feel like they were two strangers.

Until an old lady with a pink uniform came out from the employee's door, "Sorry, the sink was clogged." Her voice was sweet and perky. It made Y/N comfortable and weirded out at the same time.

"So, what'll it be?" She asked as she readied her notepad.

"Uh, give me a chocolate éclair." The man ordered. The waitress hummed softly as she wrote his order on the notepad, "Can I get the kids some milk or something?" She referred to Y/N and Five.

The girl was triggered hearing her say that she was a kid. But she thought it wasn't worth it. "The kid wants coffee. Black." Five scoffed.

The waitress stared at the boy, dumbfounded. She chuckled nervously, "O-okay.. Now, I suppose you want an espresso shot?" The woman joked. But no one laughed.

"Well, yes, actually. Oh, and make it a double."

The old lady looked at her strangely and then at the old man. "Cute kids," she chuckled nervously as she pointed out Five and Y/N.

The both of them smiled creepily and awkwardly at her. The man had no choice but to nod. "Okay." She said quietly as she went to grab their orders.

Five sighed and turned his attention to the man. "Don't remember this place being such a shithole." He recalled, "I used to come here as a kid. Used to sneak out with my brothers and sisters and eat doughnuts till we puked. Simpler times, huh?"

The man still had no idea what this boy's deal is. But he agreed with him anyway, "I suppose."

"So, is that your sister or something?" He pointed at Y/N. The girl looked back at them when she heard Five and the man talking about her. "Not exactly."

Soon, the lady was back with there orders, "Here." She said as she disseminated them. The girl was about to pay, but the guy beat her to it. "I got theirs."

"Thanks." The both of them said in unison. Five looked over to his vest to see 'Ishmael's Towing'  embroidered on it. "You must know your way around the city."

Once again, Y/N just listened to their whole conversation. Don't get her wrong, she's been wanting to talk to him, catch up with things. But what was there to talk about?

"I hope so. I've been doing it for 20 years." The man replied.

"Good. I need an address."

Y/N, on the other hand, was getting sick of the beeping and vibrating of her pager. At first she thought was an urgent call, but it was the same message she got a while ago. Only this time, the word 'She' was replaced with 'The Handler'.

It kept on coming one after another as if there was no tomorrow. Who the hell is this Handler?

Five noticed the frustration Y/N had as he put a piece of paper in his pocket. He looked at the beeper that was on the counter. It kept vibrating and beeping every 3 seconds. "Aren't you gonna read that thing?"