1.1 - meeting the green arrow

chapter one
meeting the green arrow

Placing my empty coffee cup in the rubbish bin I turn around and walk across the room to my desk

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Placing my empty coffee cup in the rubbish bin I turn around and walk across the room to my desk. Lighting flashes across the sky lighting it up for a moment before Star City is set back into darkness. I place all the sheets of paper into a neat pile before placing a paper wight on top. I sigh before sitting down watching a few of my other colleagues leaving for the night. I smile as Karla Martin passes me on her way to the elevator. I grab my laptop and books and place them into my bag before heaving my bag over my shoulder. I shut the window ceasing the sound of rainfall.

"Good night Marko!" I state waving goodbye to one of my fellow colleague.

"See you tomorrow!" He calls back over his mountain of paperwork. I smile to myself before moving into the elevator. The music quietly plays as I take out my phone checking the time. 10:20. Yeah I have enough time for a quick food run. Exiting the building I shield my straightened hair from the rain with my hand as I run across the road to the restaurant across from my building. The bell sings as I enter the small store.

"Hi what can I get you?" I look over the counter to see a friendly girl smiling, younger then me. I smile before replying.

<>

I turn down the street leading to my apartment placing a burger wrapper in the nearby dumpster, the rain water on the concrete slowly evaporating. I know it's not the best way to go but it's a shortcut. I place my hands in my pockets as I move my bag strap from my shoulder and secure it around my torso.

"Where are you going?" I hear a male voice question from behind me. I quickly turn around and immediately know he's not friendly. "Hey I'm talking to you." I stop walking but don't turn around. I feel him walk up to me.

"You messed with the wrong woman." I quickly punch him in the face. He stumbles back as I punch him again. A routine I have perfected over the years. In a matter of moments he is knocked out cold. I sigh shaking out my hands. I know there will be bruises tomorrow from where he managed to contact me and cuts on my knuckles. I hear a clang of metal causing me to look up. There stood the Green Arrow. The way he stood, held himself cause me to shiver. I open my mouth to speak but no words come to mind. He watches me for a few moments, our eyes connecting, before he runs away. I let out an unsettled breath I didn't know I was holding in. I look around confused. He's completely gone. I quickly cross my jacket around my figure before running home hopping not to run into anyone else tonight.