Spilled Milk 1 (EP)

Spilled Milk 1 (EP) is different from other projects released by Bas
There are various ways in which  the Spilled Milk 1 (EP) is different from other projects. This could be seen through the background information provided by Genius.

According to Genius, it states that, "First of three compilation projects announced by Bas, to drop this summer. Some songs on the Spilled Milk series were recorded during Dreamville Sessions ,(6-16 January 2019) some are Milky Way leftovers and others are simply some records recorded during different sessions".
The fact that some songs are from Dreamville Sessions and Milky leftovers not only makes the EP different but also interesting. Bas including all of this in the Spilled Milk series makes it the best projects he has ever released.

The Track List:

The Track List:

1. Jollof Rice feat. EARTHGANG
2. Fried Rice feat. JID
3. Nirvana feat. Falcons & B. Lewis
4. Amnesia feat. Ari Lennox & Kiddominant

Dreamville gives another reason why Spilled Milk 1 (EP) is different. They stated that, "Bas releases the first volume, or 'crate', of Spilled Milk, his latest project. With influences ranging from South African House music to Brazilian Baile funk, this drop features fellow Dreamville rappers, EarthGang and J.I.D".
From my point of view, where it said,"...South African House Music to Brazilian Baile funk..."is one of the reasons why this EP is different from other projects released by Bas. It shows diversity which makes the EP unique.

There is a reason why Bas decided to release the project in serious. According to billboard.com: Bas Talks Spilled Milk EP Series & Explains Why Dreamville is Like Netflix by Jewel Wicker|10/29/2019, Bas said, "I hadn't done anything like that probably since my mixtapes where I could just create and release so freely. The theme is really just tied around collaboration. There's collaboration on every song on the project. I really like love these songs. It might not live anywhere specific, you know what I mean? But it was something I wanted to get out. Just trying to keep exploring and keep growing in new avenues as far as my artistry".

From my point of view, this shows that the series is different because there is collaboration on every song on the project. It's more like he was freestyling which is why he keeps growing and exploring in terms of his artistry in the rap game.

Bas explains his inspiration behind Spilled Milk series. As stated by Jewel Wicker, Bad said, "Spilled Milk is literally...spilled milk. It's me opening the vaults. It's some of the funnest marketing we've done. We remade a bunch of 'Got Milk?' campaigns. It's just jokes [and] personalities.  With the album, we get so deep into it. It's exhausting to a point whereas this is just like, let's release some music".

From my point of view, the title, "Spilled Milk" could mean all the leftover songs which Bas wanted to express freely through his Spilled Milk series.

Bas has explained the term, "milk". As stated by Jewel Wicker, Bas said, "It's a Queens saying. I guess it's the same way a  lot of people use 'drip'. That's just something we say like, but it applies to so many things ".

He went on to explain how he came up with the album Milky Way, "...to me it was about having the self-confidence to like artistically do what  I wanted to do regardless of certain pressures this industry will put you. That was my milk in a sense. It was just about really about having a self assurance. Those are the things you need to not compromise yourself.
And even down to the album cover  [for Milky Way] ,which was me and the nubian pyramids in my native Sudan,it was about making a very unique statement about myself, about who I am as a person and what I want my artistry to represent".

From my point of view, Bas explaining about Milky Way is one of the reasons why Milky Way leftovers are included in the Spilled Milk series.

In conclusion, Spilled Milk 1 (EP) is different from other projects released by Bas because some of the songs were recorded during Dreamville sessions,there is collaboration on every song on the project, some songs are Milky Way leftovers and the songs has influences ranging from South African House Music to Brazilian Baile funk.

Jollof Rice music video

Fried Rice music audio

Nirvana music video

Amnesia music video