Last Winter

Last Winter Album is based on real life events
Here's a brief background information about Last Winter. According to Wikipedia it states that,"Last Winter is the debut studio album by American rapper Bas. It was released on April 29,2014 by Dreamville Records and Interscope Records. The album debuted at No. 103 on Billboard 200, selling 3,601 copies in it's first week. It has sold 11 000 copies in the US as of February 2016.

There are various ways in which the album is based on real life events

There are various ways in which the album is based on real life events. The evidence is mostly shown through his songs which can link to the interviews Bas had. The songs also reveal his character.
Let's look at the songs provided in the album and how they are based on real life events.

The Track List

1. New World Order (NWO)
2. Mook In New Mexico
3. Fiji Water In My Iron (feat KQuick)
4. My Nigga Just Made Bail (feat J. Cole)
5. Charles De Gaulle To JFK
6. Vacation  (feat Irvin Washington)
7. Building Blocks (Interlude)
8. Donk Of The Day
9. Golden Goals
10. Nigga On The Dos Equis,The Most Interesting Man In The World
11. Your World (feat Mack Wilds)
12. Last Winter
13. Lit (Bonus feat J. Cole)

The track list above seems confusing right? Bas gives an explanation behind this. On his interview with Stashed Tv on YouTube,Bas said ,"a lot of those songs came about at different times and those were just the titles that fit". This probably means that each song was written at different times especially since Bas was touring a lot. Moreover,from my point of view, the song titles seems unique because it makes one wonder what do the songs really mean. This is why I will give some explanations to some of the songs provided in the album.

The song Charles De Gaulle To JFK is one of Bas's most popular songs. According to Genius it states that,"Charles De Gaulle and JFK are two international airports located in Paris(France) and in New York. They refer to Bas's path: born in Paris and moved to NYC at the age of five". Moreover it says,"The airports are named after historic figures:
-Charles de Gaulle: the French WWII general who later became president
-John F. Kennedy: one of the most popular American presidents, who was murdered in 1963".

From my point of this song Charles De Gaulle To JFK is based on a real life event because it refers to Bas's path where he was born in Paris and moved to NYC at the age of five. This reveals a lot more about Bas's past life. Moreover the fact that Charles De Gaulle and JFK are two international airports means that Bas was travelling from one place to  another probably because he was touring to promote his album. Bas continues to chase his dreams so that he can be something. This is shown on the lyrics below:

[Intro]
"Got them speakers in my ride
I like to keep 'em bumpin'
I'm hustling,chasing dreams
In hopes that I could be something "

As stated on the interview with Stashed Tv on YouTube,the music video was shot in Paris. This means that Bas wanted his fans to know more about him through this song hence why the song is popular. This is why the song is based on a real life event.

Charles De Gaulle To JFK music video

Another song which is based on a real life event is Your World. As shown on Bas's interview with Stashed Tv on YouTube,the song speaks most to Bas. Moreover on the interview,Bas has mentioned that on the Ist verse he would talk about the people in his life,what's he's doing to progress himself only to mention a few. Bas wants to reach more people but staying true to himself.

Your World music audio

Another song which seems to be based on a real life event is Fuji Water In My Iron. On his interview with The Source Tv on YouTube, Bas has mentioned how the song title was chosen. Bas was in a hotel where he ironed his show gear with fuji water from the hotel. Moreover Bas said it was just a metaphor for just extreme confidence in a sense. This was a real life event hence why the album is based on real life events.

Fuji Water In My Iron music video

What does the album,Last Winter talk about? According to Dreamville website,they have stated that,"According to the Bas,Last Winter is 'a conceptual project about hoping to break away from tough times". In this case, I believe Bas is talking about his struggles as a rapper and how he is trying to be something. This is why the album is based on real life events.

In conclusion,the album Last Winter is based on real life events as it shown on the songs. They reveal a lot more about Bas's character and the struggles he faced as a rapper.

**If you want to see the interviews about Bas on Stashed Tv and The Source Tv,here are the links: