20 | how to be the laugh of century

Beginne am Anfang

"I wanted to ask you...." Islam started again but trailed off.

"What is it my dear? You can tell me anything."

"I was wondering if i can use the kitchen to cook something."

Few minutes passed and aunt haven't answered. Islam's face dropped, but she managed to let out a smile. She knew it! She knew she won't allow her. But it's okay! At least she had tried asking her. That's far better than giving up right from the start.

"What do you plan on making?" Aunt finally talked.

"Just grilled chicken."

"Alright, the chef will make it for you."

Islam didn't reply to that. She was lost on her thoughts till she felt Aunt squeezing her hands.

"Actually it's for my YouTube channel Aunt. My viewers asked me to make it. I usually do cooking videos."

Minutes passed before Aunt finally heaved out a long sigh, "Alright Islam. But becareful. I just don't want you to get hurt."

"Inshaa Allah Aunt I will be careful."

"And I don't want Husna in the kitchen, let her know that."

Islam nodded at that too. She finally hugged aunt and kissed her in the cheek. She looked as Aunt looked horrified for a second before putting on a fake smile. Islam wondered what that was. But she returned the smile with a genuine one and made a mental note to actually find out the reason why Aunt acted dishevelled over a kiss and a mere hug.

***

Islam was so happy as she got out of Aunt's room and was walking to the kitchen. She quickly went upstairs and had a new shower, she dressed up in a beautiful dress. She was doing make-up when Husna asked what's up with her.

"My love she allowed it." Islam said with a grin as she tried to blend in the foundation to her face.

Husna smiled mischievously, "that's a good news!"

***
Islam arranged all the ingredients she would use on the kitchen island, and then moved on to set the tripod about five feets away. Finally she went live.

"Assalamu alaikum guys! What's up! Today's video gonna be a cook with me kinda video. I'll be making flambe chicken! In the mean time you guys can ask me questions before I start. Five minutes for Q and A," She said. And the comment section began flaring. She laughed nervously, "alright guys that's so many questions, I'll try asking any question my eyes sees first." She said and began reading out a specific one.

"Where do you live?" Islam read the question out loud. And then she moved on to start answering it.

"I live in LA that's Los Angeles and Manhattans from time to time, and usually round the world during vacation." She finished with a chuckle. "But I currently live in my uncle's mansion here in Nigeria." She added.

Islam looked through the comments on the live chat, she bent down and lowered her head abit towards her phone screen. YouTube live videos been always fun. Still comments were flaring and she was trying her best to answer, though some of the questions were repeated ones. Like if two people or more asked the same question. She squinted her eyes to read another comment.

"What is your favorite color and why?" Islam read out loud with a smile. 

"Thanks so much for asking this Reshma(a character in my other book called Reshma, check out the books it's lovely lol) I love white. It sparks peace and represents my faith. It's specifically chosen by Allah for his prophet may peace be upon him."