18 | Take On Me

"Erin... I...ke...da... Ah, there you are," Ray hummed in the quiet of the hospital waiting room. Erin was visiting Sora again before the doctors could release him—it was likely the only chance she had to talk to him before he slipped through the cracks of society again.

It also gave Ray a chance to search for Erin in hopes of finding something about Robin, and possibly Sora in the process.

Erin's Facebook page was accompanied by a hyphenation—Erin Ikeda-Clarke, and the Clarke was posted directly in a photo of Erin and a woman with a well-kept afro the size of Jupiter. She reminded Ray of the 70s, but with the class of a modern day business professional. Ray clicked into the photo and checked the tags—the woman was, in fact, Robin Ikeda-Clarke, and the ring on her hand that held onto Erin's shoulder confirmed everything Erin had said.

Ray was able to click onto her page with ease, but Robin's profile was sparse, and even the photos Erin posted of the two of them were few and far between. Ray's brow furrowed in concentration as he scrolled through Robin's timeline—at least, what was available to him. There was an older picture of the two of them at a fancy restaurant with some bland-looking gentlemen. A business dinner.

While there weren't many pictures of Robin, there were plenty of photos of Erin. Erin on a cruise ship. Erin in Times Square. Erin hiking.

Maybe Robin has a high-profile job? Ray thought, because clearly, Erin wasn't worried about posting pictures of herself. Ray put a hand to his lips, scowling. Or what if their marriage is failing and Erin's distain for Robin prevents her from posting pictures of her wife

No, that was too much of a stretch.

The image of the faceless woman waking Sora with a kiss came to mind, only this time, it was Robin dressed in a silk gown, leaning over Sora...

Unless she knows about the affair! Ray cried internally, throwing his arms over his face in horror.

"Hey."

Ray screamed and nearly chucked his phone across the foyer. He twisted around, slapping his phone to his legs so that Sora wouldn't see the pictures of Erin and Robin on his screen.

Sora rose an unimpressed eyebrow at him. He was dressed in the sweatpants and sweatshirt Ray had snatched from Sora's closet, and his extra clothes from his work duffle were strewn over his shoulder.

Ray scrambled to his feet and completely dropped his phone in the process. It smacked onto the carpet, face-up, and Sora looked down at the photo on the screen. He rose his other eyebrow and looked up at Ray.

"Really?" Sora said. "You facebook friends with my sister now?"

"N-No! I was just—" Investigating your relationship with Robin, he thought, and came damn near close to saying it aloud.

Sora rolled his eyes. "Whatever."

Ray looked nervously around the foyer and asked, "Where... is your sister?"

"She left." Ray let out a sigh of relief. Sora started walking away, so Ray chased after him, jogging to catch up. They exited through the sliding doors and, out on the curb along the edge of the parking garage, Ray cleared his throat.

"Erin seems nice," Ray said.

Sora sighed, putting his hands in his pant pockets. His hair looked yellow under the parking garage's tungsten lights. "Yeah, she is," he said, voice dry.

Ray rose an eyebrow. "You don't sound very enthusiastic about that. Did something happen with you two?" Internally, Ray was chanting, Please tell me! Please tell me about the affair!