Chapter 37

It's the third night Leslie has spent at Delta. She plans on leaving once Mark has fallen asleep. Leslie is at his house by himself since Lily had called him for something. She's in the bedroom packing her stuff up in a backpack. Once she finishes she puts it under the desk and puts a chair in front of it.

The door opens and Mark walks in. She walks up to him and kisses him on the cheek while forcing a smile.

Leslie: "What did she want?"

Mark: "It's nothing to worry about, just missions and other shit."

He sits down on the bed and takes off his boots.

Leslie: "You planning on going to sleep?"

Mark: "I am tired, but not just yet."

He stands up and goes over to her. He starts to make out with her and tries to unbuckle her pants but she stops him.

Leslie: "I don't think we should."

Mark groans.

Mark: "Why not? It's been three days, Leslie. What's wrong?"

Leslie: "Uh..it's um...I-I'm on my period."

Mark: "Period?"

Leslie nods.

Mark: "We could lay a towel down?"

Leslie: "Mark." She says unamused.

Mark: [sigh] "Fine. I'll go to sleep then."

He lays down and turns off the lamp. Leslie lays down next to him and fakes being asleep again until he falls asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/N wakes up and feels little hands on his face. He opens his eyes and sees Ellie touching his face. He smiles and sits up.

Y/N: "Why do you always wake up early, baby?"

She continues touching his face while smiling.

Y/N: "Come on, baby. I gotta take you to Mary."

He gets up with Ellie in his arms and leaves the house. He walks over to Mary's house and knocks on the door. Mary opens the door and smiles when she sees Ellie.

Mary: "You leaving already?"

Y/N: "The more daylight, the better."

He passes Ellie to Mary and she takes her.

Mary: "You should consider what I said."

Y/N: "Mary. Mary, have you lost your faith in me?"

Mary: "No, I always had faith in you. I just want you to be careful."

Y/N: "I will and I like I've said before, it'll be faster if I go solo."

Mary: "Fine. How long are you gonna be gone?"

Y/N: "I don't know, Mary. I plan on staying close by anyways. I'm gonna be out there for a while though."

Mary: "Alright, then."

He kisses Ellie on the cheek and hugs Mary.

Mary: "Be-

Y/N: "Be careful, yeah I know."

He waves goodbye and starts walking away. He goes into the armory and grabs his pistol and assault rifle. He also grabs a kevlar vest and puts it on and then puts his hoodie over it.

He walks out of the armory and makes his way to the gate. On his way he runs into Clementine.

Clem: "You're leaving already?"